Has Anyone Used Photon Fanton Boards?

All things related to board-style lights (Quantum Boards, Logic Pucks, etc.)
myxin
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

The WaVy Board 240 looks awesome and I was hoping to use 2 of them in my next build.

https://www.photonfantomdesigns.com/shop/wavy-board-240
LEDG
Site Admin
Reactions:

I've been trying to talk him into sending me a couple to test but no luck yet.

Some of the other guys on here are considering trying them as well.
Want to Support the Site?

Use this Amazon referral link and any purchase you make within 24 hrs will earn LEDgardener a commission at no cost to you!
myxin
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

admin wrote:
Wed Aug 16, 2017 2:23 pm
I've been trying to talk him into sending me a couple to test but no luck yet.

Some of the other guys on here are considering trying them as well.
Bummer. I'd love to see a write up and some real-world testing. Either way, they are going to fit perfectly in my SpaceTote :mrgreen:
Jolly Green Giant
LED Wizard
LED Wizard
Reactions:

I've been having my eye on them lately.. to add with my QB's. that 36v is nice because I could add 5 of them on a HLG 480.. then I would have better pattern instead of a blank spot in the middle.
I was planning 4 QB's with 4 enhanced spectrum QB's when they came out. but that middle with only two boards over 3..(tick tac toe pattern with out the center spot). I like both the wavys and the fusions.. maybe 4 fusions and one wavy in the center would be sweet.. those wavys not much different than the 3500k QB's I got now.. I kind of like that set up idea on duel HLG 480's.

QB / FUSION / QB

FUSION / WAVY / FUSION

QB / FUSION / QB
LEDG
Site Admin
Reactions:

myxin wrote:
Wed Aug 16, 2017 3:05 pm
Bummer. I'd love to see a write up and some real-world testing. Either way, they are going to fit perfectly in my SpaceTote :mrgreen:
Nice! How big of a tote are you using? I built one using 2x CXB3590s but a board would be waaaay better.

Use this Amazon referral link and any purchase you make within 24 hrs will earn LEDgardener a commission at no cost to you!
LEDG
Site Admin
Reactions:

Jolly Green Giant wrote:
Wed Aug 16, 2017 5:51 pm
I've been having my eye on them lately.. to add with my QB's. that 36v is nice because I could add 5 of them on a HLG 480.. then I would have better pattern instead of a blank spot in the middle.
I was planning 4 QB's with 4 enhanced spectrum QB's when they came out. but that middle with only two boards over 3..(tick tac toe pattern with out the center spot). I like both the wavys and the fusions.. maybe 4 fusions and one wavy in the center would be sweet.. those wavys not much different than the 3500k QB's I got now.. I kind of like that set up idea on duel HLG 480's.

QB / FUSION / QB

FUSION / WAVY / FUSION

QB / FUSION / QB
That'd look pretty damn cool! I really like the colour of those Wavy Boards. I don't even give a shit of my plants like it - my eyes like it!

MaxHeadRoom
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

I have been trying to contact him through his website but so far, after 2 e-mails, I have not got a response. So I don't know what kind of service he would have. I have heard on Instagram that he can be slow in responding. But HLG was slow too. So what can ya do? Nothing but wait. :( These boards are in high demand right now. All of the boards that I want are out-of-stock anyway. :(
myxin
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

MaxHeadRoom wrote:
Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:42 am
I have been trying to contact him through his website but so far, after 2 e-mails, I have not got a response. So I don't know what kind of service he would have. I have heard on Instagram that he can be slow in responding. But HLG was slow too. So what can ya do? Nothing but wait. :( These boards are in high demand right now. All of the boards that I want are out-of-stock anyway. :(
He's on reddit. He responded to an inquiry on reddit within minutes :lol:
myxin
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

admin wrote:
Wed Aug 16, 2017 6:40 pm
myxin wrote:
Wed Aug 16, 2017 3:05 pm
Nice! How big of a tote are you using? I built one using 2x CXB3590s but a board would be waaaay better.
Not 100% sure yet.. I'm still using my SpaceBuckets due to lack of funding... and an angry wife LOL But I'm thinking 2 of them would be prefect in a 27g setup. I'm not sure of the exact dimensions of the board.. I know its 240mm wide? Either way, which ever tote allows full coverage with 2!