Which driver ‘drivers would you recommend for 6 QB288 V2 quantum boards?

All things related to board-style lights (Quantum Boards, Logic Pucks, etc.)
Drumtrip8420
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

Well just waiting on the boards to arrive. Still going back and forth on which drivers to go with. I would like to get the extra watts at the board but also will have the driver/drivers mounted outside of the tent with about 5-6 feet of wire...do you think this will cause a issue if I went with the HLG-320H-C2100B? I built a similar light with just two QB288v1 5000k using a 240H-2100B for a veg tent and love having the driver mounted outside of the tent “helps keep things nice and cool plus I can turn it down before I look inside so I’m not blinded.” Also any recommendations on where to get the drivers?

Thanks again for everyone’s input and I will post pictures once I get everything built.
DaveJonesFan
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

Don't think the 5 or 6 feet will be problematic if you are using nice 18 gauge solid core. I'm going to be mounting the drivers on the slate heatsinks in the standard config, however. I have some fans that will be running active cooling right on the slate and driver.

I grabbed the drivers from RapidLED over the 4th holiday they ran a 15% code and I was ordering some other product from them.

https://octopart.com/hlg-320h-c2100b-mean+well-71043631

Maybe Arrow would be a good choice, could get free overnight shipping plus they have a 10% code 'SUMMER10'. Looks like they have stock even though the octo listing says zero.

My HLG kits were delivered, should be setting them up this afternoon (friday) with my 2100B's.
I know I'm not right
But I'm not wrong, no, I'm not wrong
Girl, you hate it when I'm too high
But that's where I belong, where I belong
Drumtrip8420
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

Cool let me know how it goes, my boards won’t be here till next week so I still haven’t purchased a driver/ drivers yet. Just working on the frame and trying to tracking down 18gauge solid core wire which I can’t seem to find locally.
LEDG
Site Admin
Reactions:

Here are my 3 boards running at 2 amps for about 15 minutes. The voltage started at 151.X and then dropped as the boards heated up. The voltage got down into the 149s after running them longer.
Attachments
36E9D34C-94E2-4B3D-A6CE-C0E08229F61E.png
Want to Support the Site?

Use this Amazon referral link and any purchase you make within 24 hrs will earn LEDgardener a commission at no cost to you!
DaveJonesFan
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

Everything went great here.

I'm using the Remington pre-tinned wire from Amazon. Good stuff. Lots of people go with the Shaxon brand but you may want to tin your tips if you can with that or other non tinned stuff.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B010T ... =306677011
I went with these sizes because visualizing the future.
https://www.amazon.com/Remington-Indust ... +remington

I've got one of the RapidLED cased pots hooked up which turn the HLG-320H-C2100B drivers off at bottom out, so here's the setup running a bit above that.
HLGV2Triple_2100B_dwn.jpg
Running at wide open.
HLGV2Triple_2100B_up.jpg
And a little install pic among 12 Vero 29 SE type C's 3500K on 6 HLG-185H-C1400B's good for up near 100 watts each themselves. Now I need an apogee for some tuning. :shock:
HLGV2Triple_Install.jpg
I know I'm not right
But I'm not wrong, no, I'm not wrong
Girl, you hate it when I'm too high
But that's where I belong, where I belong
LEDG
Site Admin
Reactions:

Nice find on the wire! Setup looks great.
Want to Support the Site?

Use this Amazon referral link and any purchase you make within 24 hrs will earn LEDgardener a commission at no cost to you!