LM301B board that we've been working on

All things related to board-style lights (Quantum Boards, Logic Pucks, etc.)
Sativant
LED Lover
LED Lover
Reactions:

It looks really good ! Are you doing the heatsink too ? I'd love to see a better shot of the heatsink to see how it could be built into a frame.
majorana
LED Maniac
LED Maniac
Reactions:

The first person who should be getting any units for testing would be LG!

And then, well, count me in as a willing guinea pig as well :)
sdfoster22
LED Maniac
LED Maniac
Reactions:

I agree with you on that point!
NothinYet is my nickname
LEDG
Site Admin
Reactions:

majorana wrote:
Mon Jul 16, 2018 8:12 pm

I live for testing :D

Sign me up.
Want to Support the Site?

Use this Amazon referral link and any purchase you make within 24 hrs will earn LEDgardener a commission at no cost to you!
atreum
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

majorana wrote:
Mon Jul 16, 2018 8:12 pm

Awesome, I'll PM you guys!
Sativant wrote:
Mon Jul 16, 2018 6:43 pm
It looks really good ! Are you doing the heatsink too ? I'd love to see a better shot of the heatsink to see how it could be built into a frame.
Yep, the heatsink has pre-drilled mounting holes for the board and is anodized black. There are four 0.257"-diameter holes in the corners to accommodate 1/4" fasteners. So you could attach these directly to 10-series 8020 extruded aluminum profiles. I can also provide dimensioned engineering drawings if you need exact hole locations. Here's a photo of the fin side.
unnamed_4B (Medium).jpg
atreum
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

LEDG wrote:
Tue Jul 17, 2018 3:01 am
I live for testing :D

Sign me up.
Awesome!
gansho
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

could someone explain to me the differences between these 288pc lm301b vs hlg's qb v2 with 288pc lm301b?

like as in why do these boards say 2200ma is 120w when hlg's is 2400ma @ 118.8w?

and also atrium says 54vf, but HLG lists VDC. sorry I only have a loose grasp of all this stuff trying to learn
DaveJonesFan
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

Seems like the voltage binning of the diodes is where the HLG sets itself apart, gansho. HLG touts their relationship with Samsung and the new boards are supposedly manufactured directly via Samsung, with rumored top creme voltage binned diodes beyond the best offered to other channels, where Atreum would be sourcing from. There is some obscurity about the HLG diodes as there is not much clarification or documentation on their existence as far as I can tell. Most diode binning is in the flux realm but the voltages can also be binned, and that may be the key here. They would likely put out documentation if they could claim a higher lumen per watt metric, for instance, in my opinion.

But yeah, slightly different diodes on slightly different circuit boards also (maybe they are just series parallel wired in a different manner inherently and the rumored binning stuff is all wrong) is probably what's resulting in different voltage.

We'll try to get a couple good comparisons up. I suspect the cost differential may be bigger than that of the arguably most important parameters of performance (efficiency, PAR). ;)
Last edited by DaveJonesFan on Tue Jul 17, 2018 10:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
I know I'm not right
But I'm not wrong, no, I'm not wrong
Girl, you hate it when I'm too high
But that's where I belong, where I belong
sdfoster22
LED Maniac
LED Maniac
Reactions:

It also depends on how the boards are wired internally. If the stats are close, maybe it has to do with the binning as davejones said.

Atreum shipped my board today. I'll get pics of everything when it arrives. I'll start a review in it's own thread. I'll order my driver once the package arrives!
NothinYet is my nickname
Futuregrow
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

From the looks of the board it has a 18s 16p layout, which at a forward voltage of 2.85 (a nice middling voltage in the top bin) would put the board's voltage at 51.3 V. Maybe the specifications have been very slightly overstated because it doesn't come with a driver, and Atreum want people to make sure they get a driver with the right voltage overhead to be able to use the board?