ChilLed Tech 125w boards

All things related to board-style lights (Quantum Boards, Logic Pucks, etc.)
Failsafehydro
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

Lights came in , man the quality on these panels are up there.
Attachments
20180807_195025.jpg
20180807_195103.jpg
20180807_195100.jpg
FarmerLinus
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

Failsafehydro wrote:
Wed Aug 08, 2018 5:17 pm
Those look nice, are you using a controller for automation? If so, what are you using?

Farmer Linus
unkle_psycho
LED Wizard
LED Wizard
Reactions:

Yes the Vestas are a tunable bridgelux model, with a channel of 2700k, and 5000k. Between the two you can tune any color temperature between the two.
It does not have discreet diodes, though. Was planning to add some, but there is a user here who models combinations of spectrums, and he felt the 90cri spectrum (while semi inefficient) was already spot on.

I do plan to add sleep initiation, so some 730nm diodes, and if 5000k is not powerful enough controlling stretch, then I will have to look at blue diodes.
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted"
Failsafehydro
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

FarmerLinus wrote:
Wed Aug 08, 2018 9:16 pm
Failsafehydro wrote:
Wed Aug 08, 2018 5:17 pm
Those look nice, are you using a controller for automation? If so, what are you using?

Farmer Linus
I have a Bluefish and a few power switch tails for the AC controls
Failsafehydro
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

unkle_psycho wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:42 pm
Yes the Vestas are a tunable bridgelux model, with a channel of 2700k, and 5000k. Between the two you can tune any color temperature between the two.
It does not have discreet diodes, though. Was planning to add some, but there is a user here who models combinations of spectrums, and he felt the 90cri spectrum (while semi inefficient) was already spot on.

I do plan to add sleep initiation, so some 730nm diodes, and if 5000k is not powerful enough controlling stretch, then I will have to look at blue diodes.
I did something similar with my DIY QB550 build
I put 3 QB96 @6500k and 4QB288 at 3000k for a fuller spectrum in veg.
20180526_191932.jpg
char0xlol
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

DaveJonesFan wrote:
Fri Aug 03, 2018 6:22 pm
I've followed ChilLED Vitaly and Mau5, and considered the simplified single channel Logic puck designs more recently released. Seeing them respositioning these older fancy ChilLED boards a little lower priced and DIY tailored, makes me wonder where they are at as far as moving with the market to more modern Samsung diodes. I've always had a bit of a level of confusion with the multi channel v1's and how exactly I would implement them and drive them within a system involving COB's already in the same space.

I had to make the choice to avoid their gear and go with the LM301B HLG boards when they dropped the QB288 V2, even though they are only the full spectrum white diodes. The HLG setup was SOOOOO simple with a single driver for a triple board setup, and an easy to install heatsink slate and even much more simple wiring compared to individualized strips. I expect HLG will be releasing Samsung red diodes implemented thoughtfully into a product very soon. This Atreum Lighting 288 diode board I'm testing for them is great gear for the price and great diode spread of the LM301B.

I think ChilLED boards, also being originally designed to work with ducting and 120mm fans and such kept the design a bit too crowded and in the skinny brick sized layout. They could benefit from adopting more spread out diode layouts on a larger board (squares sure are nice) and maybe even some options for the single vs multi channel and available colored diodes. I sense some pride in them that may keep them from going the no-brainer route, however. Hopefully they don't have much aversion to imitation.
Would love to get some feedback on the atreum v2 boards. I am considering getting a 4 board setup from them.