Thoughts on these multi-channel QBs?

All things related to board-style lights (Quantum Boards, Logic Pucks, etc.)
Grower
LED Maniac
LED Maniac
Reactions:

One of the toughest seller to chat with on alibaba.
Ask 3 questions and you get only one answer lol
Did you manage to know what is the price for that?
kiwi-guy
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

Never got that far. Stopped after seeing these:
https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/ ... 96603.html
Spitting image of Chilled Gen 2....
Grower
LED Maniac
LED Maniac
Reactions:

kiwi-guy wrote:
Tue Sep 18, 2018 1:23 pm
Never got that far. Stopped after seeing these:
https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/ ... 96603.html
Spitting image of Chilled Gen 2....
Yea i saw that too, asked for the price and never had an answer lol
I enquired them for some multichannel strips and they quoted me 480usd for 10 strips
unkle_psycho
LED Wizard
LED Wizard
Reactions:

There is a user here called livinglight who does great work with spectrums. I was planning on adding some red and he advised against it. I'm still happy to have tunable leds (vesta).

If you want to experiment, it might make sense to think up your own modular build and elements for a light. You would get exactly what you want. Using this as a main light source you will pay for a lot of diodes that don't get used much?

An alternative road to deep red is using 90cri, at a low color temperature. Vesta gives that (2700k) and a 5000k channel for vegging or controlling stretch. Also needing only two drivers might be a benefit :) How does that get driven?
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted"
Professor Xavier
LED Lover
LED Lover
Reactions:

You do chilled boards in 3 channels. Those guys have a very sexy spectrum and some nice controls on their stuff but hand assemble everything.
Complex on RIU also has some solid knowledge on horticultural light theory. Sadly I haven't seen Livinglight in a while.... but I did snag and read some of his linked studies on spectrum to redistribute at the proper time.
Grower
LED Maniac
LED Maniac
Reactions:

I am not worried that much about how much additional red do I need, what % of the overall spectrum it should be etc

I would like just to play with arduino and raspi lol

Btw I prefer to have supplemental linear pcbs instead of all in one boards, at least at the moment.
Futuregrow
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

I think there's a little too much emphasis placed on red in contemporary grow light spectra. We're seeing twice the yields of hps in some cases with just 80cri 3000k lights.

I got a quote for that multichannel board from them early this year btw, it was expensive enough to make it unviable. I may still have that info in my email somewhere, I'll check later.

Have been doing some spectrum work myself, I've developed a spreadsheet that can be used to combine different diode spectra at their absolute intensity at a given quantity and current, as is to simulate a PCB with a mix of diodes on it.

Have come up with my own blend that I think is pretty good, I'm just saving my pennies to build a prototype.
unkle_psycho
LED Wizard
LED Wizard
Reactions:

Grower wrote:
Wed Sep 19, 2018 1:47 pm
I am not worried that much about how much additional red do I need, what % of the overall spectrum it should be etc

I would like just to play with arduino and raspi lol

Btw I prefer to have supplemental linear pcbs instead of all in one boards, at least at the moment.
Can you control the channels separatly with one driver and arduino?
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted"
Grower
LED Maniac
LED Maniac
Reactions:

unkle_psycho wrote:
Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:04 pm

Can you control the channels separatly with one driver and arduino?
With a DC\DC driver maybe but the efficiency loss makes it not convenient.
Much easier to control each channel through realys.
The point I am interested in is the dimming capabilities and spectrum control over the plant life cycle.

I am not obsessed with "reds", I would like to test spectrum manipulation.