Fake Fluence, nalite

All things related to board-style lights (Quantum Boards, Logic Pucks, etc.)
unkle_psycho
LED Wizard
LED Wizard
Reactions:

Nice, I imagine it can handle the area pretty good, especially if your not running co2.

I'm on my first grow using one row of strips as sidelighting. I have them on a 45deg angle, but in my case they are about 30cm below the top of the canopy. I really like how it improves penetration.

For my next grow I plan to use two or three circles of sidelighting, and let the plants grow taller.
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted"
slymer
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

i was going to do a nice side lighting set up but all i heard was that it was way more effective to put that extra lighting on top, it just sounds so fun to have a box of light lighting your plants, i still might incorporate some side lighting for fun
unkle_psycho
LED Wizard
LED Wizard
Reactions:

Well I'm certainly interested in the subject, and for the moment the first tests are promising.

The general consensus seems to be to trim the lower third-half of the plant. With my tests that won't be necessary, seems the colas extend to where ever the light is.

About a year ago many people were still doubting mid-power leds saying you need the penetration power of 3-5w diodes. Now the smaller diodes are popular, I suspect because more better spread out diodes are better. I also imagine the layout in your new light gives better spread then a hlg 550 because of spread.

I would be interested in when it becomes advantageous to cram diodes, rather then spread them out. Mostly it seems to be some type of obsession left from HID's.

One clearly negative factor is that side lighting needs more strips, since the diodes are 2-10 inches from the buds, they need to be driven pretty soft, compared to what you could do from above. So 16 feet of strips needed per cirlce in a 4x4 tent.
Ziggydb
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

Did it come with 301b. In the description it says but picture is of 561. Seems legit though for 520? Thanks
kupla
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

Does anyone have any experience on Sunritek's lights? Especially on the M2 series. http://www.sunritek.com/ or on Alibaba
unkle_psycho
LED Wizard
LED Wizard
Reactions:

No experience, but it really looks like chinese leds are stepping up a notch. Really like the way they have a form factor and lots of spectrums to choose from.

It would be nice to get specifics on the diodes they use in these lights. I didn't get any details on that through my inquiries. Oslon seems to have a lot of different lm/w?
kupla
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

unkle_psycho wrote:
Fri Oct 26, 2018 8:46 am
It would be nice to get specifics on the diodes they use in these lights.
I got some kind of an answer from Mr. Max Ma: "we use Osram led chips and Meanwell Driver in 5 year warranty ,the quality is better than fluence ,but the price is much lower"
Futuregrow
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

Pretty hard to compete with China really. Anyone who innovates in this space is going to get replicated within six months. I'm chipping away at a pretty sweet advanced grow light project... but I wonder how long it'd last in the market before China just swoops in with the same thing for 2/3 the cost.
unkle_psycho
LED Wizard
LED Wizard
Reactions:

Yeah Kupla, thats the level of answer I also received.

It's hard to beat the Asians. They approach everything as a commodity. Hard workers.
unkle_psycho
LED Wizard
LED Wizard
Reactions:

Futuregrow wrote:
Fri Oct 26, 2018 10:45 am
Pretty hard to compete with China really. Anyone who innovates in this space is going to get replicated within six months. I'm chipping away at a pretty sweet advanced grow light project... but I wonder how long it'd last in the market before China just swoops in with the same thing for 2/3 the cost.
Everyone is playing position. The west got quite comfortable just being a middle man, like Nike making shoes for 1$ and selling them for 100-200. in our western system we don't just fuck the people who actually do the hard work, we also have great methods of shortcutting the creative minds that come up with the technologies and creative sides of things.

A market that moves very quickly is a tough place. It gives advantages to a fast and flexible player. Listening to Growmouse some months back I remember the frustration they were expressing on these big led companies. They are super slow and clumsy. This gives the smaller chinese players quite a bit of space to play in, and I don't think anyone else needs to shy away from joining that space. HLG is there, atreum seems to be surviving there too. You just need value and ability to communicate to your customers.

I think The chinese are in some way at a disadvantage, because they seem to fail at understanding the basic communication points that matter to the buyers. These are also niche markets, so approaching these as commodities many chinese companies will end up sitting on large unsold stocks.