QB 132 x 4 driver help

All things related to board-style lights (Quantum Boards, Logic Pucks, etc.)
exige
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

Hi all,

I have been researching a lot and plan to buy the QB 132 set when they are back in stock for my 3x3 grow tent. From the people I have talked to and research I have found that the HLG-320h-c2100a driver would be ideal to run in series and get the full potential out of this setup.

However, I cannot seem to find them in stock anywhere and was wondering if I went with the normally suggested HLG-240H-C1750A instead if I would regret it not being able to get then to max? I know the 1750 can apparently go above the rating but I'm not sure how close it gets to maxing these boards. It seems like I want at least 280 watts for my 3x3 from what I have read.

Thank you!
Jolly Green Giant
LED Wizard
LED Wizard
Reactions:

welcome to the forum first off..

I would use the 240 since it's in stock now... then after a few rounds.. if you think you need the 320 or decide to bump up to a bigger area you can just add a few boards and or swap driver...

yes your correct with the "A" type driver being able to ramp over what it's rated... HLG uses A types.. why their kits say 135 over 120.. or 260 over 240 😁. so wide open it will be over 1750ma.. whether you hit up to the 260 depends on how close to voltage max you are...

best part of DIY.. you can upgrade when you can afford it.. and or find the parts 😁

again welcome
exige
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

Thank you for the welcome! I actually ended up finding one of the 320's so I think I will go that route. I appreciate the insight, now HLG just needs to put them back on amazon! haha