Thoughts on these multi-channel QBs?

All things related to board-style lights (Quantum Boards, Logic Pucks, etc.)
Tacoshop22
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

My alibaba connect actually sent me a pic for a similar new quantum board today. He says its an lm301b mix with 660nm reds. I got a regular 288 quantum board from him in the past and its just as good as my HLG one.

MrStoker
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

Got to ask an aside question. How do you make heads or tails of the Alibaba site? There are so many products available. Who are good/quality sellers? Will they often sell in single unit quantities? Do you ever get ripped off?
Mr. Stoker
Keeping the fire rolling.
Futuregrow
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

MrStoker wrote:
Fri Sep 28, 2018 2:46 pm
Got to ask an aside question. How do you make heads or tails of the Alibaba site? There are so many products available. Who are good/quality sellers? Will they often sell in single unit quantities? Do you ever get ripped off?
Big spreadsheet with many columns comparing all the data, extensive communication with each seller, and strict policy of demanding honesty. Being aware of potential issues with language barrier, or slow communication etc. They're not all there to rip you off, but plenty of them could stand to improve upon their customer service.
unkle_psycho
LED Wizard
LED Wizard
Reactions:

I guess also its worth it to look critically at 'too good to be true' offers. Someone was offered a QB with lm561c chips, where the whole build cost less then the individual price of the diodes...
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted"