LM301B board that we've been working on

All things related to board-style lights (Quantum Boards, Logic Pucks, etc.)
DaveJonesFan
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

Interesting, indeed.

I took a quick glance at drivers in the Meanwell HLG range and looked like HLG-120H-54 variant is the ticket for running one board. So maybe that's the 54 right there, Futuregrow! What driver are you looking at sdfoster22?
I know I'm not right
But I'm not wrong, no, I'm not wrong
Girl, you hate it when I'm too high
But that's where I belong, where I belong
Futuregrow
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

I've got one of these BLD-120 running my test fixture. In my case it needs slight dimming to 2700mA to be within voltage spec (though it works anyway), but it could run atreum's board too, as it's rated to 57 V when output current is at 2100mA.
Attachments
BLD-120.JPG
sdfoster22
LED Maniac
LED Maniac
Reactions:

DaveJonesFan wrote:
Tue Jul 17, 2018 11:15 am
Interesting, indeed.

I took a quick glance at drivers in the Meanwell HLG range and looked like HLG-120H-54 variant is the ticket for running one board. So maybe that's the 54 right there, Futuregrow! What driver are you looking at sdfoster22?
I'm thinking about the hlg-120h-54a. the 2.6a max will be nice to tinker with. I'm. Going to see how it performs on a 2x2 scrog in a 2.5x2.5 tent.

Atreum said you can use the hlg-150h-54. If that driver is chosen, I would get the a or b version for dimming just in case
NothinYet is my nickname
DaveJonesFan
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

I've seen you mentioning the upowertek drivers, Futuregrow, but didn't see an easy USA distribution around. You in Europe or Asia?

I guess the HLG-150H-54's are in play too, ehh as the board rating for 120w is nominal. I don't know that I'd need that much wattage but would be nice to test initially with. I plan to integrate the board into the center of a 4 cob 2'x2' frame inside of a 3'x3' tent for real work duty.

I do like to 'feel' like I'm getting the most for the money, as when you get into these levels of meanwell HLG they are similar in price up to the 185H's.
lilteent.jpg
lilteent.jpg (13.21 KiB) Viewed 1362 times
I know I'm not right
sdfoster22
LED Maniac
LED Maniac
Reactions:

Once I do the test grow with it, I'm going to add the 10 Eb gen 2 1' strips around it for the full 2.5x2.5 tent.
NothinYet is my nickname
Futuregrow
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

DaveJonesFan wrote:
Tue Jul 17, 2018 12:40 pm
I've seen you mentioning the upowertek drivers, Futuregrow, but didn't see an easy USA distribution around. You in Europe or Asia?
I've been buying them directly off the factory and had them ship to me, I'm not based in the USA though. Their customer service is excellent however. If you're ok with importing your own stuff, that's one way to go. I realise it's harder than just ordering a mean well from in the country though. We get ripped on everything in my part of the world so importing is the way to get the deals.
DaveJonesFan
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

I went ahead and grabbed an HLG-120H-54A from Jameco. Ground shipping might take a minute. I went with the 120H over the 150H after looking at the efficiency load graphs it looks like the 120 is maintaining higher efficiency on 115V, especially at the likely used loads.
I know I'm not right
alienfarts687
LED Lover
LED Lover
Reactions:

Wow, this looks like it would be perfect for a (large) Space Bucket or Space Tote build. I've been meaning to make one of those for vegging plants before they go into my flower tent.
atreum
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

gansho wrote:
Tue Jul 17, 2018 7:50 am
could someone explain to me the differences between these 288pc lm301b vs hlg's qb v2 with 288pc lm301b?

like as in why do these boards say 2200ma is 120w when hlg's is 2400ma @ 118.8w?

and also atrium says 54vf, but HLG lists VDC. sorry I only have a loose grasp of all this stuff trying to learn
Futuregrow wrote:
Tue Jul 17, 2018 11:01 am
From the looks of the board it has a 18s 16p layout, which at a forward voltage of 2.85 (a nice middling voltage in the top bin) would put the board's voltage at 51.3 V. Maybe the specifications have been very slightly overstated because it doesn't come with a driver, and Atreum want people to make sure they get a driver with the right voltage overhead to be able to use the board?
Thanks everyone for jumping in here, I didn't have a chance to check the forums today. The above answers are all pretty much on the money.

The biggest difference between our board and HLG is the format. The QB288 from HLG is 6.83"x11.25", our 288.2 board is 9"x9".

There are a bunch of ways that Samsung diodes are binned. Ours are AZ voltage bin (2.7-2.8Vf), SK flux bin.

As for Vf vs. VDC, I've been using them rather interchangeably in the context of LEDs, but I see how this might be confusing. Vf is the forward voltage of the diode, meaning the voltage that must be applied for the diode to turn on. VDC is just an abbreviated way of saying "DC voltage". VDC is probably a more accurate term when talking about the board, so I'll update our page to reflect that.

As Futuregrow pointed out, our board is indeed 18s16p. We are trying to make sure people get a driver that has a couple volts above the Vf of the board. Sounds like we need to communicate this better on the page as well.
garnier
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

where can we find some more info on this board?

Looks pretty nice.