LED strips vs Quantum Boards for 4x4

All things related to board-style lights (Quantum Boards, Logic Pucks, etc.)
ZzackRaw
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

sdfoster22 wrote:
Mon Sep 03, 2018 3:55 pm
ZzackRaw wrote:
Mon Sep 03, 2018 3:22 pm
True. Would I want to forget this all together and opt out for one with a cord included, so that I have enough length to reach the power outlet? Or should I just use a short extension cable?

Trying to make this as easy as possible for myself since i'm new to electric. I just bought the pre-wired pot you recommended and i'll wait until I test out the current with the multimeter before I purchase a resistor.

Thanks again for you help and happy labor day! Hope you get the day off to relax.
As for me, i'll be working a dbl to afford this project 😂
Something like this would work. Or a 10ft-15ft. If You get the longer ones you might want thicker guage to combat voltage droop. I can't remember the gauges needed, for the length. Maybe someone else can help me out.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Smart-Choic ... /206740199

*Edit*

You can find waterproof connectors to connect that to the driver wires, or solder the wires and shrink wrap them. They also make crimp on connectors with shrink wrap already on it, but soldering them would be the best connection.
Thanks! I bought this exact one. Should do the trick. Needed to order my framing from home depot anyways! 😀
Excited to get this setup and see how my girls respond. Atm they're under a spectrum king140 and a mars hydro. Very sad.
sdfoster22
LED Maniac
LED Maniac
Reactions:

If your ordering the aluminum angle for any strips. Check out heatsinkusa.com. They are only a little more money for 1" heatsink.
NothinYet is my nickname
ZzackRaw
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

So things have changed slightly.

I threw out some furniture and moved my 2x2 outside of my 4x4. Now I can utilize the entire space and run a SCROG!

This means I'll have to change my frame layout, and it means I may need to run my SK140 in conjunction with my 4 288.2s.

I still have a mars hydro so I'll probably take it apart and use the driver to power up a cob for my 2x2, instead of using the SP140.

Any suggestions? I'm very open-minded.

I have 4x 4' 1/8th" thick aluminum L bars coming at 3/4th". I can cut these up and use them anyway I want. Not exactly sure where I should keep the driver, how far apart I should space the 288.2s.