Intro & Various "lm561C" board builds from Shenzen

All things related to board-style lights (Quantum Boards, Logic Pucks, etc.)
Oldbean
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

I just received my 2 "QB304" style quantum boards which are connected to a Meanwell 240H-C2100B in parallel wiring, as series wiring doesn't work. I tested the voltage of the 2 boards connected at max current and it gave me a reading of about 240 volts. I'm not sure what this means, but where do I go from here?
LEDG
Site Admin
Reactions:

Oldbean wrote:
Sun Apr 08, 2018 8:40 pm
I just received my 2 "QB304" style quantum boards which are connected to a Meanwell 240H-C2100B in parallel wiring, as series wiring doesn't work. I tested the voltage of the 2 boards connected at max current and it gave me a reading of about 240 volts. I'm not sure what this means, but where do I go from here?
I might move this post to its own new topic for you. If they are copies of the 304, they should run at around 110-115V in parallel, not 240V. Any info or link to specs on the boards?
Want to Support the Site?

Use this Amazon referral link and any purchase you make within 24 hrs will earn LEDgardener a commission at no cost to you!
Oldbean
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

https://imgur.com/a/hQBlN

I've uploaded an image of whatever specs the company put on their seller page. Also shows the multimeter in case I'm reading it wrong. I put the leads where the boards connect to the drivers and again on the connectors on the board. They both gave me the same reading.

Edit: Actually, I am going to go buy a new multimeter. I just tested some AA batteries and it gave me a reading of 5 volts which doesn't seem right.

Edit2: So I got a new multimeter. Voltage was 118.5 with one board, and becomes 111.5 with 2. So with 2 boards are the diodes running at 2.9v?
Osash78
LED Lover
LED Lover
Reactions:

Like LEDG said, "they should run at around 110-115V in parallel" so u are in perfect range...
BilHonan
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

Hi...i would like to know what's the max current to run the board without heatsink. If they are cheap enough to be run at low currents they could be an alternative to strips, why not? Many diodes are at low currents have Same result as with strips, just easier mounting without heatsinks.

smt prototype assembly
Last edited by BilHonan on Thu Aug 09, 2018 4:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Grower
LED Maniac
LED Maniac
Reactions:

So guys, any model from alibaba to suggest ?
I am looking for a board big enough to be run without heatsink and, more important, tested.
If you can point me to any seller I would appreciate
Hydrofood
LED Lover
LED Lover
Reactions:

balderdash wrote:
Sun Mar 11, 2018 6:32 pm
I'm talking to bright about ordering some of their 2' (22")48pc 561c strips with aluminum core.
How did the conversation go?

Did you end up getting anything from them?