LM301B board that we've been working on

All things related to board-style lights (Quantum Boards, Logic Pucks, etc.)
Failsafehydro
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

DaveJonesFan wrote:
Sat Jul 21, 2018 4:23 pm
Yeah it's always just trade offs with stuff like that. Series circuits can push voltages too high and increase risk for danger. They can limit the ability to use the absolute maximum wattage of the drivers in some configurations, such as these hypotheticals. The expandability option to add more identical emmiters onto the existing circuit later down the road and increase system efficiency that way is a great perk for CV. Thermal runaway is a risk, but can be managed with proper cooling and the use of high quality, low design tolerance products that are already popular within the community because of their efficiency, to help mitigate that risk. Failure of a component in the circuit also yields differing circumstances.

The driver such as the one I ordered, HLG-120H-54A, provides up to 2.3A to a single board on the circuit, which with 1 board is it series or is it parallel or just wired in I guess. The CC versions available of the 120H series only go up to a C1400 version with a 54-108V range. So you could run 2 boards on it in series well but relatively low power to each board. One board wired up to that driver would only be able to utilize half of the driver's maximum power, however, so it's just a silly choice for us. That's why we're all testing the single boards with the CV option in a bit of expanded detail.
I understand, I wasn't questioning just trying to catch up to the latest ideas being put forward.
I totally see the advantage to running CV , I was looking at the Mau5 pucks a bit and saw they were recommending CV drivers. Anyway , for 150 bucks and free shipping , it's not a bad deal.
I would be willing to give it a try. I just built a 12x12 room for my grow and have a bunch of clones I need to move to a veg spot.
DaveJonesFan
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

Yeah they have a great price on these, getting the heatsinks included for same price as HLG is a great marketing position.

Here's a little layout of my Atreum board next to the HLG model.
Atreum_288_LM301B_SK.jpg
288_comparo1.jpg
288_comparo2.jpg
I know I'm not right
But I'm not wrong, no, I'm not wrong
Girl, you hate it when I'm too high
But that's where I belong, where I belong
thirdtimesacharm
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

just bought one, shipped today I look forward to see how it compares to HLG.
thirdtimesacharm
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

Got my board couple nights ago. Initial thoughts were that the board is high quality, as nice as Horticulture.

Got it running on hlg 120 54, running it at 90Watt with 3 288v2s on hlg320 2100a at 330W. 420 :mrgreen: The new board did seem to heat up faster and have more heat. But it doesn't have quite the air flow as the other boards. Still stays cool enough to touch for extended time.

They heatsink design is better than the slate 1s I have.

Is there best V, A combo to run, do you have a chart like on horticulture website? Can these be run on same driver?

Its bright and feels high quality.

AL288301B.png
LEDG
Site Admin
Reactions:

Doing some testing on mine tonight. I’ll start a new thread when I get my info together!
Attachments
7984134E-0F6B-411E-84E7-BECCACB71CCD.jpeg
Want to Support the Site?

Use this Amazon referral link and any purchase you make within 24 hrs will earn LEDgardener a commission at no cost to you!
alienfarts687
LED Lover
LED Lover
Reactions:

Can't wait to see the test results!
sdfoster22
LED Maniac
LED Maniac
Reactions:

LEDG wrote:
Sun Jul 29, 2018 4:56 am
Doing some testing on mine tonight. I’ll start a new thread when I get my info together!
I got my driver fri, and have been working 60 hrs a week. I'll get a few tests done and start a thread. Or should I add to your thread?
NothinYet is my nickname
DaveJonesFan
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

T Pain in the club.

Got my driver and spent a bit of time test firing. Have been dealing with a little clan of spider mites trying to cut my flowering time short in the big tent, keeping them at bay long enough to get into ripeness window but it's a lot of work hawk-eyeing plants and double guessing.
Atreum_Floor_Layout.jpg
Atreum_Floor_Firedupt.jpg
Soon I'll get it up off the floor and into the middle of this fixture where I can do some performance evaluation and then run it along side these COBs for a ready batch of test-flowering plants.
Tester_Tent_Luminaire.jpg
I know I'm not right
But I'm not wrong, no, I'm not wrong
Girl, you hate it when I'm too high
But that's where I belong, where I belong
atreum
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

thirdtimesacharm wrote:
Sun Jul 29, 2018 12:53 am
Is there best V, A combo to run, do you have a chart like on horticulture website? Can these be run on same driver?
There's no "best" setting to run at, but 90-120W is a good place to be. We don't have a chart like HLG yet, but we are working on a more formal spec sheet. As for running on the same HLG-320H-C2100A driver, yes you can wire up the boards in series, but you can only run any 3 boards at a time since adding a fourth will exceed the voltage of the driver. Our board can handle 2100mA, no problem.
sdfoster22 wrote:
Sun Jul 29, 2018 11:10 am
I got my driver fri, and have been working 60 hrs a week. I'll get a few tests done and start a thread. Or should I add to your thread?
Either way!
thirdtimesacharm
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

tuned mine up to 110 last night. Thanks for the reply. Running 440 watts now 3hlgs 1 AL. Adjusted my fans and it's impossible to feel a difference in temp. Gonna see if I can take a thermal camera home and make some neat videos.