LM301B board that we've been working on

All things related to board-style lights (Quantum Boards, Logic Pucks, etc.)
majorana
LED Maniac
LED Maniac
Reactions:

Aolelon wrote:
Thu Jul 19, 2018 4:03 pm
These boards are purchased off a supplier from alibaba 100%
That's a given. Also HLG had their Alibaba supplier until a matter of months ago.

Assembly of SMD's on a PCB isn't something particularly complicated, the only issue is finding an honest supplier that places the right diode and doesn't skimp on the copper and other little corners. Then it's up to the seller to guarantee the quality, and handle returns if there are any lemons.

I'm more worried about Fuji moving the production of their cameras from Japan, but that's another topic :roll:
mr blue
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

Any chance you will make a 3' heat sink so a frame is not required and any possibility of 2700k, which
I think is a better flower only light. tks
Failsafehydro
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

Man I wish i would have seen these panels sooner. These look pretty nice.
DaveJonesFan
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

Got my board, should have driver by Tuesday next week. Also just noticed Atreum has the drivers available on their website. 8-)
I know I'm not right
But I'm not wrong, no, I'm not wrong
Girl, you hate it when I'm too high
But that's where I belong, where I belong
sdfoster22
LED Maniac
LED Maniac
Reactions:

My driver should be here by Friday! = D
NothinYet is my nickname
atreum
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

mr blue wrote:
Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:47 pm
Any chance you will make a 3' heat sink so a frame is not required and any possibility of 2700k, which
I think is a better flower only light. tks
A 3-foot heatsink would be quite heavy and expensive to ship. It's more economical to have a frame. We are working on a solution for this.
DaveJonesFan wrote:
Sat Jul 21, 2018 6:12 am
Got my board, should have driver by Tuesday next week. Also just noticed Atreum has the drivers available on their website. 8-)
sdfoster22 wrote:
Sat Jul 21, 2018 6:37 am
My driver should be here by Friday! = D
Awesome!
Failsafehydro
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

I may purchase 2 of these to run them against the 2 QB v2 I just purchased this week. Seams like everyone is running on CV drivers I have a bunch of HLG CC models 240h c1400, 240hc2100 ect.. would there be a issue running 2 boards on them? I have 3 DIY QB builds so it would be interesting to try something else and save a few bucks .
DaveJonesFan
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

It seems like it would be easy to match up these boards 54V ratings to CC drivers with some oomph in them such as your 240H models. The lower wattage versons of the CC drivers just don't have the right currents available to run singles of these boards effectively.

You'd be looking at series wiring.

HLG-240H-C1400 would run 3 boards well, perhaps around 73 watts to each board.

HLG-240H-C2100 would run 2 boards well, perhaps around 111 watts per board in that case.
I know I'm not right
Failsafehydro
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

DaveJonesFan wrote:
Sat Jul 21, 2018 3:30 pm
It seems like it would be easy to match up these boards 54V ratings to CC drivers with some oomph in them such as your 240H models. The lower wattage versons of the CC drivers just don't have the right currents available to run singles of these boards effectively.

You'd be looking at series wiring.

HLG-240H-C1400 would run 3 boards well, perhaps around 73 watts to each board.

HLG-240H-C2100 would run 2 boards well, perhaps around 111 watts per board in that case.

Well that's what I was thinking , I run the 2 v2 QBs on a 240 c2100. I had a few c1400 running some vero29 cobs a few years back or so. It's just that when I started in the diy stuff parallel wiring was sort of passed off due to the thermal runaway issue. Maybe I'm a bit out the loop now :) .
DaveJonesFan
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

Yeah it's always just trade offs with stuff like that. Series circuits can push voltages too high and increase risk for danger. They can limit the ability to use the absolute maximum wattage of the drivers in some configurations, such as these hypotheticals. The expandability option to add more identical emmiters onto the existing circuit later down the road and increase system efficiency that way is a great perk for CV. Thermal runaway is a risk, but can be managed with proper cooling and the use of high quality, low design tolerance products that are already popular within the community because of their efficiency, to help mitigate that risk. Failure of a component in the circuit also yields differing circumstances.

The driver such as the one I ordered, HLG-120H-54A, provides up to 2.3A to a single board on the circuit, which with 1 board is it series or is it parallel or just wired in I guess. The CC versions available of the 120H series only go up to a C1400 version with a 54-108V range. So you could run 2 boards on it in series well but relatively low power to each board. One board wired up to that driver would only be able to utilize half of the driver's maximum power, however, so it's just a silly choice for us. That's why we're all testing the single boards with the CV option in a bit of expanded detail.
I know I'm not right