4x4 tent Atreum 288.2 boards and driver question

All things related to board-style lights (Quantum Boards, Logic Pucks, etc.)
vectrose
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

Good afternoon. I am in the learning phase of all these lighting options, and my homework suggests that the quantum board type would be a good option for cost vs performance within a 4x4 tent. I live in Canada, and the HG boards are either not in stock or simply not available.

So, I am considering the Atreum 288.2 boards from the U.S., which is very similar to the HG QB 288 boards. I am currently considering 4 boards paired with a HLG-480H-54A to be run in parallel. This will be to grow marijuana from seedling to flower for medical purposes, and am currently licensed.

I plan for three to four plants within a 4x4 tent. Is this a good option with the paired driver or are there other suggestions? Availability, dollar conversions, customs and duties are factors to consider on my part.

Thanks in advance for suggestions.
ZzackRaw
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

I'm almost doing the same thing. Same driver and boards.
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=1280
Professor Xavier
LED Lover
LED Lover
Reactions:

https://growerslights.com/collections/h ... rd-led-kit
is another option. They offer free shipping to Canada and give you an option to assemble and test it for you for $49.00 if you're not DIY savvy for aboot $1k CDN/ $750 USD. Was my top value option pre-assembled before product certification insurance considerations.
I really like that Atreum boards have brought their boards to the community for hands-on testing and they've performed admirably. I also like that HLG has a good reputation for warranty and customer service.
Make a good decision for you and let us know!
unkle_psycho
LED Wizard
LED Wizard
Reactions:

Using Samsung or Bridgelux led strips you could probably build a 480w light for around 300$.. or less
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted"
vectrose
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

Well, thanks for the options. I was looking at the 4x4 led strip builds on this site and am also considering the Samsung F-Series LT-FB22B 4x4 build. This build comes to aboot $600 and change Canadian after sourcing all the parts.

If I order from the U.S. there is customs and duty, esp using DHL Express where they basically hold your items hostage until you pay the random fees they charge so the total for 4 Atreum boards I am considering is in question. I expect that the build vs the Atreum boards would be about the same cost overall.

What is better, the build or the boards if they are about the same cost?

Thanks
Professor Xavier
LED Lover
LED Lover
Reactions:

The strip build will allow you to maximize your spread better. The boards will save you time and in a 4x4 have proven to do the next best according to the tent PAR readings I've seen on this site thus far. A strip build might also allow you to add on to the PPFD of your boards more easily if your space, genetics or CO2-infused light requirements change.
Really though, with strips or boards or pucks, you're probably going to be very happy with your results - all use very efficient 561c or 301b Samsung diodes.
Atreum may or may not stand behind their products with a well-serviced warranty which could give them an advantage vs strips.
Those are the advantages/disadvantages as I see them. Which are important to you?
vectrose
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

Thanks for the insight Professor Xavier. I decided to go with the Atrium boards and give that a go. I had purchased a 4x4 tent with a side chamber that has an additional 1 foot wide, two tiered area. The prospect is to get my feet wet with two strips for the two levels of the side chambers for vegging and clones. There is removable section between the 4x4 area and the 1 foot area for light blockage.

The Atrium boards and heatsinks are currently in transit. Unfortunately, they were shipped separate and thus extra duties to ship to my Canadian address.

I will poke around the site for perhaps a strip build that would be appropriate, but if anyone has one in mind that would be appropriate for clones and vegging in a 1 x 4 tiered space, please feel free to suggest.

Vec.
sdfoster22
LED Maniac
LED Maniac
Reactions:

*edit*

Never mind I thought you said 1x1x4. Lol I'll work up a 1x4 build
NothinYet is my nickname
sdfoster22
LED Maniac
LED Maniac
Reactions:

So For cloning and vegging, you won't really need the 35w a sq/ft. I think around 100w should do.

You could get 5 of the bridgelux 4' strips and an hlg-120h-c1050 (a or b if you want dimming) that will get you a little over 100w. 25w or so per sq/ft. You could squeeze 7 strips on there if you felt you need that kind of power. They would be running about 75% of max and need some kind of heatsink.

You could fit up to 6 of the same strips on an hlg-80h-c700. Which would give you about 80w max with 6 strips. Which would give about 20w per sq/ft. Running them that low requires minimal to no heatsinking. Make sure to test if you can run with no heatsinking depending on the situation. Once you get the full tent running temps may rise in the veg clone area.

Just a few ideas to throw out there.
NothinYet is my nickname
vectrose
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

Thanks sdfoster22. I am somewhat surprised the affordability of the bridgelux EB Gen 2 in 4 foot strips. Here is a link to the tent I have. https://www.mokeyinternational.com/item/?id=B07BP3M7PY. This shows the two tiers on the clone / vegging side.

I was originally thinking something like this would work. . One for each chamber.

5000k would be fine for vegging and clones, but probably not enough overall PAR perhaps. That, and it would be fun to build some strips; participate in the spirit of this forum.

Vec