New Photon Fantom Lights

All things related to board-style lights (Quantum Boards, Logic Pucks, etc.)
LEDG
Site Admin
Reactions:

Just saw these crop up on instagram. They're called "Plancks", which I think is a pretty cool name. I'm thinking maybe they're meant to compete with the QB120s.

https://instagram.com/p/BZDHeGcnIsm/
Want to Support the Site?

Use this Amazon referral link and any purchase you make within 24 hrs will earn LEDgardener a commission at no cost to you!
majorana
LED Maniac
LED Maniac
Reactions:

The 2700/4000 mix is also an interesting choice. Not sure what heatsink he wants for it; assuming he's going to drive it with a reasonable amperage it should be under the 50W mark and just be fine on their own / thin aluminum sheet to hold them together. The optics is an interesting twist.
Jimmy Jam
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

Rather not lose 2% light with optics though.
LEDG
Site Admin
Reactions:

Jimmy Jam wrote:
Sun Sep 17, 2017 12:09 pm
Rather not lose 2% light with optics though.
Hmmm... If you're getting a PPFD of 500 umols/m2/s, you'd be losing 10 micromoles due to reflectors. I don't think your plants would even know it's missing! You can barely measure that on a par sensor :D

Use this Amazon referral link and any purchase you make within 24 hrs will earn LEDgardener a commission at no cost to you!
bvolt
Forum's First Member!
Forum's First Member!
Reactions:

admin wrote:
Fri Sep 15, 2017 5:26 am
Just saw these crop up on instagram. They're called "Plancks", which I think is a pretty cool name. I'm thinking maybe they're meant to compete with the QB120s.
I like it. With the optics, it kinda looks like a mini-ChilLED. A little.

I don't know tho... I think it's going to be difficult to continue riding the LM561C "board" design with Samsung making those 24v strips available @ $22/100 nicely-spaced-LM561Cs... these strips with some monos, that'll be my next fixture, probably.
You might wanna double-check anything you've read here...
Jimmy Jam
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

Why not put a thin layer of nonconductive sealant like silicon or something over the led contacts and leave the resin of the led uncovered, so you get waterproofing with no light loss? Doable/not?

I'm liking the Samsung strips, UL certified, don't have to worry about counterfeit lm561c (who knows in China), but their placement of the connectors kinda bugs my OCD. What are monos btw?

I should start a quick questions thread to avoid cluttering up the forum I suppose.
Ted
LED Maniac
LED Maniac
Reactions:

Jimmy Jam wrote:
Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:28 pm
Why not put a thin layer of nonconductive sealant like silicon or something over the led contacts and leave the resin of the led uncovered, so you get waterproofing with no light loss? Doable/not?

I'm liking the Samsung strips, UL certified, don't have to worry about counterfeit lm561c (who knows in China), but their placement of the connectors kinda bugs my OCD. What are monos btw?

I should start a quick questions thread to avoid cluttering up the forum I suppose.
I think that would be a great experiment for LED Gardener. Since he is so insistent on destroying a quantum board, why not throw some sealant on the contacts and start spraying/submerging it in water?

The Samsung Strips are getting cheaper than when I bought them a couple of months ago for $11 each. Arrow has them for between $7-8 USD with free overnight shipping. https://www.arrow.com/en/products/si-b8 ... lectronics

Monos are a single LED on a single printed circuit board. Alot of people, myself included, think that you can enhance your spectrum by adding more red or UV light, and that can be done with mono leds.
Attachments
images.jpg
images.jpg (6.17 KiB) Viewed 2375 times
Jimmy Jam
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

Ah okay thanks (monos). I didn't know UV LEDs were out there, that's great to hear.

I like that experiment idea! The spraying part appeals to the gardening crowd and the submerging part would appeal to the aquarium crowd I guess. That'd be some great original content, people would definitely be interested in the subject and it would drive traffic to the site.
LEDG
Site Admin
Reactions:

What would you use for sealant?

quangtan
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

Very cool .. any idea of price ... and info on drive currents that u suggest....
The address sells high-quality decorative lights at low cost : https://dentrangtrihanoi.vn/den-chum