New Quantum board QB96 V2 elite. from HLG. Help to select driver

All things related to board-style lights (Quantum Boards, Logic Pucks, etc.)
weedeep
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

Hi Every one

Bought this new lights from HLG QB96 V2 elite
will run them in 2x4 Grow box for Veg&Bloom

Need to order Best driver for it's best maximum efficiency

plz help guys, i'm very stupid in ma, w, volts a.t.c

SPEFICICATIONS

Board Size 95.25mm X 70.36mm , 3.75 inches X 2.77 inches
max 4200mA with SSTX Heatsink and Thermal Pad
Absolute max 6000mA
Heatsink 125mm x 125mm base, 170mm x 170mm Flared side
M3 screw holes for board, M4 for mounting engine.

Flux Characteristics at 55C

VDC Current (mA) Watts at Board μmoles/joule at Board (55C)
54.XX 70W 2.35
54+ 200W 2.30
LEDG
Site Admin
Reactions:

How many do you have?
Want to Support the Site?

Use this Amazon referral link and any purchase you make within 24 hrs will earn LEDgardener a commission at no cost to you!
weedeep
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

i Got 2 of them,

I want to make 2 independent lights, each with own driver. for this version i have choose this one: HLG 240H 54A.

But if you can tell me version with one driver and 2 lights. HLG tell me this driver HLG-320H-54A for it, but i don't know. dose this driver will run them 400w+?

want to push maximum from them, but stay in efficient maximum, while cooling passively.
sdfoster22
LED Maniac
LED Maniac
Reactions:

There really isn't a lot of info on these boards yet. If you stick with the 4200mA max per board and did get the heatsinks. The hlg-480h-54a wired parallel would be a nice choice. Use a multimeter to measure the current to make sure each board is getting no more than 4200mA. Also keep an eye on the boards temps to make sure they are not running to hot.

Watch ledgardner's videos, or Google search how to measure current with a multimeter to figure out how to do that. Just be safe!
NothinYet is my nickname
weedeep
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

Thank allot Foster

Growers Love is in the support, i belive in this!

On one forum pipz start to say to me: go and read something, you just lazy amd the stuf like that!!! Really sed, nothing more

Overall I decide to make 2 separate lights, driver Have choose HLG 240H 54A. As i gues this light need CV (Constant voltage) driver, not CC.and off course i bought it with heatsinks but anyway decide to attach small cooler, For more quality.

If i decide to make one driver two lights of course i will take 420H 54A.

Wene i will watch that video,after after that test, can i control some how constant curent? To stabilize the curren?

Thanks again

Peace
sdfoster22
LED Maniac
LED Maniac
Reactions:

Since you got the a version of the driver, there are two internal potentiometers in the driver. Hook up your multimeter, or you can buy a dc digital display, and adjust the pots however you want them. One is for volts, and on is for current. Ledgardner explains this a little in his meanwell guide 4 part video.
NothinYet is my nickname
weedeep
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

ok man Thanks for support

WILL WATCH THEME

PEACE
MarketGardner
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

What area does one of them cover for flowering? Wondering if it matches the qb288
TPTB73
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

One of them can cover more than the qb288. One qb96 elite is almost twice as poweful. It is about the same as two qb288s, however, the coverage is different. 240 watts coming through one board as opposed to two qb288s for that wattage.
MarketGardner
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

Thank you!