Questions about HLG Quad Slate 6 heatsink

All things related to board-style lights (Quantum Boards, Logic Pucks, etc.)
Bluntly
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

Seeing that HLG is out of stock of the HLG-600kit. I'm thinking about building my own version.
I'm asking if anyone owns a quad slate 6. https://horticulturelightinggroup.com/p ... 9202899995 The dimension of the slate are different then the 550V2 and 600 kits.
My thought is it shouldn't matter. It should be just as effective. With 4 boards and the same driver.
But still I thought I would run it by the community.
Any additional tip for a first time builder. Would be appreciated.
Thanks for any help.
Jolly Green Giant
LED Wizard
LED Wizard
Reactions:

welcome to the forum first off. 😁

it will definitely work.. the main difference is the amount of light that would hit the corners.. it would work better in a narrow long type tent/room like a 2x4 or 3x5 versus a 4x4 or 5x5... just not as much light thrown for the sides compared to the ends.. but it will work..

again welcome.
SB85
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

Jolly Green Giant wrote: ↑
Mon Apr 08, 2019 12:57 pm
welcome to the forum first off. 😁

it will definitely work.. the main difference is the amount of light that would hit the corners.. it would work better in a narrow long type tent/room like a 2x4 or 3x5 versus a 4x4 or 5x5... just not as much light thrown for the sides compared to the ends.. but it will work..

again welcome.

The slate 6 with 4 boards hooked onto the 600 driver should be enough to get quality results in a 5x5 tent?
Jolly Green Giant
LED Wizard
LED Wizard
Reactions:

again it will work.. just optimum spread would be better with 4 slate 2 singles and spread out on a frame..

but 4 inline on a slate 6 will work.. just weaker in the corners 😁
SB85
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

Jolly Green Giant wrote: ↑
Sat May 04, 2019 9:05 pm
again it will work.. just optimum spread would be better with 4 slate 2 singles and spread out on a frame..

but 4 inline on a slate 6 will work.. just weaker in the corners 😁

Thanks for the info/reply. I'll be alright with it being a little weaker on the edges. I could add more light down the road if anything.