I have 4 quantum boards, and a 45x100 aluminum plate, best config ?

All things related to board-style lights (Quantum Boards, Logic Pucks, etc.)
droner
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

Hey guys...
I just bought 4 Kingbrite boards, I have a 120x60 tent (2x4) and now Iam thinking how to mount the boards to get the best light coverage out of it..
have to wait for the drills anyway right now, so I thought I could open a topic about this, can't find anything else about this kind of stuff... Idk how the generall light coverage of one boards is, can you guys recommend some information about this?

The attachments show some possible configs of the lights I thought about. (sorry bout quality). currently 2 of the boards are already hanging in the tent so I used some foam spacers from the box the lights came in instead:) (I bought the 2oz copper boards, KB is using these boards on the flat aluminum "heatsinks" also... currently they are running on a CC 240w driver on lowest dimming without heatsink), as the highest power that driver can deliver is around 200 watts,( measured 2.2 amps /43v), I figured its ok to let them run on about 700ma without the heatsinks... I guess they run on less than 50w per board like that... the boards get warm but not hot like this. anyway, here are some pictures:
Attachments
led3.jpg
led2.jpg
led1.jpg
Shimbob
LED Wizard
LED Wizard
Reactions:

My vote is on cutting that heatsink into 4, then you can easily space them out.
droner
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

Hey, thanks for the input:)
yeah I thought about cutting it, but 4 is too much hassle for me basicly, with all the wiring and cable stuff hanging around... I think that would make more sense in a 4x4 with 4 lights.. the whole tent is like barely bigger than the heatsink.. is is basicly 10cm on each side length-wise, and even less in width bout 5-7.5 cm.. well compared to the sink.. so not much room to move the lights around anyway.. but I surely could cut it in 2 pieces (have 2 drivers), basicly I think one big lamp is just easier and cheaper:) only thing I am worried about is the weight of that thing... bought some 4 inch screws to mount the drivers above the aluminium plate upside down (dimmer is on the bottom of the driver) to adjust them easily...

I think I'll stick to one big lamp for now... if anybody has some more ideas, keep em coming;)
droner
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

did the build:)
In the end I just mounted the boards pretty linear...

gets pretty hot on full power, maybe 60°C, but I don't plan to let them run on 400w... well maybe... as my tent is only 4x2 it is basicly not neccesary I guess...

I painted one side of the plate black.. read somewhere it helps with heat radiation... idk. if the paint kind of equalizes this anyway lol it is a real thin layer of acrylic paint.... may not help but I also do not think it makes it worse.. looks kind of neat :) the drivers were mounted with 2 big screws upside down... I smashed a LED with my screwdriver while building.. that thing is like broken in half, but it still works 100%.. one question to you guys... if one LED in one row stops working.. how does this affect the other LEDs? any danger for them?
Attachments
2.jpg
1.jpg
3.jpg