Current Voltage Driver for QB

All things related to board-style lights (Quantum Boards, Logic Pucks, etc.)
Ras Samu
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

Hello!

I'm ''trying to assembly a quantum board that ai bought. It's a simples QB of 48 V, and 2700 ma. My big question is, can i use a constant volt driver for this QB? Here in Brazil we have a lot of drivers, but only of constant voltagem, so i bought a driver with this especifications: 48V and 3000ma. Can i use it? I ask because i have so doubts in eletronics elements. I assembled a QB with this driver, and i put a resistor between driver and QB, but the resistor is burning, so i don't know if i put wrong resistor, or if i can't use this typy of driver.

Can you help me guys!?
TEKNIK
LED Wizard
LED Wizard
Reactions:

Ras Samu wrote:
Thu Jun 10, 2021 11:19 pm
Hello!

I'm ''trying to assembly a quantum board that ai bought. It's a simples QB of 48 V, and 2700 ma. My big question is, can i use a constant volt driver for this QB? Here in Brazil we have a lot of drivers, but only of constant voltagem, so i bought a driver with this especifications: 48V and 3000ma. Can i use it? I ask because i have so doubts in eletronics elements. I assembled a QB with this driver, and i put a resistor between driver and QB, but the resistor is burning, so i don't know if i put wrong resistor, or if i can't use this typy of driver.

Can you help me guys!?
Its best to use a constant current driver for your board. You can do it with resistors but its not ideal and causes problems
Find me on Instagram led_teknik