12 x QB288 custom build

All things related to board-style lights (Quantum Boards, Logic Pucks, etc.)
Tuberider
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

Hey all!
OK I wont bore you with the details but I've been sitting on 8 x QB288 V2 all purchase from hlg in one order a couple of years back.

I have also just purchased from hlg another 4 x QB288 r-spec boards.

I have 12 x slate 2 singles

I have a space of 7 1/2 ft wide. (2,285m)
I can make the length what ever I want with a divider wall yet to be built.
Have a height of 6.8ft. (2.1m)

So if I make the length 8ft (2.438m) =
60 sq ft x 30 watts sq ft = 1800w

I plan to make 3 rows of 4 boards evenly spaced running lengthwise on aluminum angle.

OK so what I need to know is the best way to drive these boards. Been going around in circles!

Was thinking of 3 x
EUD-600S280dv each driving 4 boards in series??
Like the sound of only having 3 drivers to deal with but I don't mind more drivers if I will get a better result!!

Anyways would really appreciate some guidance /advise 🙏
Iclone
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

The inventronic driver (EUD-600S280dv) you have is a good choice, or the EUD-600S280dt which I have driving 4x hlg qb288rs in series. also the eud 600 dt dv ect, drivers are programable, with this PRG-MUL2 software , downloadable from the inventronics site. I found that 2 out three 600dt I have were putting out between 2.450a and 2.500a,which is low according to the inventronic specs, should be 2.800amps. I can only conclude that the drivers are turned down to aid longevity. If you download the software, you can open it up and see what it does, and it does plenty! you dont have to be hooked up to the driver to open the program. You can also find vids from inventronics on YT showing how to use the program, quite interesting really.
Tuberider
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

Hey thanks for reply Iclone! I heard that hlg moved to Inventronics with the big drivers and halfed the issues they were having with meanwell.
I was thinking an advantage of having double the smaller drivers is if a driver stops working you have only lost half the light!
Iclone
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

Yes I was told by a local hlg rep, that they changed over to Inventronics drivers for their 600rspec boards because of on going Fail problems with the hlg 600's. I think its more likely they changed to inventronics drivers because the hlg drivers are quite a bit more expensive. Either way, both hlg and inventronic make great drivers. If I wanted to drive two qb288, Id be looking at the HLG-240H-48AB, I like these because they give the owner the opportunity to fine tune.
And the way to do that is covered by L/G in one of his vids. Just my 2c cheers.
Iclone
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

[[/url]. 16.21 t/stamp.
Tuberider
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

Awesome! Cheers for the info. OK so if you were going to do it again would you go the hlg-240H-48AB route or the EUD-600 route you took? 🙏
Iclone
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

If I had to choose, id stick with (which I have on my setup) a 600w driver powering 4 boards on one heat sink. Think of the extra wiring hanging round over head, getting the way, especially when raising or lowering the lights. Wiring up 4 singles to one driver imo is slightly better than wiring 4 singles to 2 drivers, still be real busy man no matter which way you go with all those singles, good coverage though.
Tuberider
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

Yea my thoughts also. Thinking 3 drivers enough to deal with! Each aluminum frame will be about 6ft long with hangers at both ends. Going to rig the hangers at the back on pulleys so can raise and lower from the front.
Yes should be awesome coverage I'm hoping!
Thanks again for your input 🙏
Rocket Soul
LED Lover
LED Lover
Reactions:

Running your qbs at 150w usually requires active cooling or a beefier heatsink than the standard one. Also it will eat up precious height in your space, make sure you spread your light better than 4 on the same sink
Rocket Soul
LED Lover
LED Lover
Reactions:

Rocket Soul wrote:
Sat Aug 07, 2021 7:09 am
Running your qbs at 150w usually requires active cooling or a beefier heatsink than the standard one. Also it will eat up precious height in your space, make sure you spread your light better than 4 on the same sink.

Hlgs 600 light is not a well designed light imho all centre hotspot and no spread. Spread your boards out is one of the main benefits of leds over hid imo.