12 x QB288 custom build

All things related to board-style lights (Quantum Boards, Logic Pucks, etc.)
Iclone
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

Rocket Soul wrote:
Sat Aug 07, 2021 7:10 am
Rocket Soul wrote:
Sat Aug 07, 2021 7:09 am
Running your qbs at 150w usually requires active cooling or a beefier heatsink than the standard one. Also it will eat up precious height in your space, make sure you spread your light better than 4 on the same sink.

Hlgs 600 light is not a well designed light imho all centre hotspot and no spread. Spread your boards out is one of the main benefits of leds over hid imo.
Agree to a certain extent , because it depends on the space the lights are utilized in. @ 32'' in a 5x5 space the 4 board crushes it, as long as you have space overhead. Other than that, yes the spread is lacking, and imo disappointing.
Tuberider
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

Yes I certainly don't have too much ceiling height to play with. I plan on having 3 rows of 4 boards end to end spaced evenly on aluminum angle to make each fixture around 6ft long.
Having trouble getting my hands on eud600 drivers everywhere seems put of stock!
Iclone
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

If you prepared to wait tuberider, alibaba has them. Atm though, posting anything out of china is slow at best, its not the sellers on alibaba (ie kingbright) who are slow to post, its the amount of backed up at items at shenzhen.
Tuberider
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

Cheers I will have a look!