Driver adjustment

All things related to board-style lights (Quantum Boards, Logic Pucks, etc.)
TeaAgeSea
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

Hey, everybody! I have one question which I can not answer myself.
So, here it is, just recently bought newest version of Spider Farmer SF2000 which now have 798 (!!!) Samsung LM301D chips which should be a huge 25% difference in led chip quantity, because previous model had a 606 LM301B chips on it. I know the LM301D is slightly less efficient than LM301B but that difference is just some 4-5% between them.
Driver is XLG 240 H-AB and by factory adjusted at 200W. That means 4 chips per 1W, which imo is really great for the price of the fixture.
My question is, can I adjust the wattage under the Meanwell driver with screwdriver (the light fixture itself has also a external potentiometer from 10-100%) to say 250W and make some more light out of it?
I know I will lose some efficiency by doing that, but I need to know if it is safe and sound to do this.

TIA
bunker931
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

Disclaimer first: I am no LED/ LED driver expert.

First thing. The maximum wattage you can get is 240w as indicated by the specification of the driver. So you can get a 20% increase of wattage.
Second. The max output current is 4.9A. Maybe you have to make sure the LED can withstand that current.
Third. If you tune up the power and the light is ok for now, the heat produced by the light and driver will shorten its lifespan for sure.

Maybe you can still return it to Amazon if it dies fast enough.