Shelly RGBW2 dimming Meanwell drivers is inverted

Home Assistant automation projects, questions, etc. go here.
warmachine
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

I've been using the Shelly RGBW2 to dim a 4 channel LED light board I built (6500k, 2700k, 660nm, 720nm). It uses Meanwell elg 240 drivers. They use a 10v PWM signal and the shelly runs 12v pwm. One channel uses an meanwell LDD which is simple 5v. Using the Shelly RGBW2 everything is inverted. When the switch is off they run at 100% brightness. Is there a solution to make them always on? Or, do I flash with tasmota for that? Also, the signal is inverted so that 100% on the dim control shuts the lights off and 0% is full power.
The shelly is a very nice, compact, and well built design. I kinda want to stick with them but, it makes creating automations more difficult if I can't fix the on/off and inverted PWM problem.

I tried tons of 10v pwm converters, aquarium LED controllers "hurricane and soforth" almost all of them leave some kind of voltage on the line when dimmed to 0 which causes the meanwell drivers to not dim to off. I assume they switch back to V dimming when 0 pwm is received with some voltage?

The only other option I can think of is use ESP with cheap 0-10v analog step up pwm converters. which actually dim to 0. If I could get an esp32 to work I could get better PWM resolution which would be nice. I saw an optoisolater mentioned in another post, I have a few of the 16ch 5v - 10v PWM converter boards from stevesled but, I never could get them to dim to 0. I have several esp32 I just got so if that's the best option I won't have to spend much.