ESP32 PH & TDS

Home Assistant automation projects, questions, etc. go here.
Freemaniac
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

I am trying to get a Dfrobot PH sensor and EC sensor into HA. Since there are no direct esphome integrations for these what is the best way to bring the values in? Is MQTT the only simple option?
LEDG
Site Admin
Reactions:

MQTT isn't too bad to add into your Arduino code. I think I would go that route.
Want to Support the Site?

Use this Amazon referral link and any purchase you make within 24 hrs will earn LEDgardener a commission at no cost to you!
Freemaniac
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

Can I hassle you for an example of your MQTT esp32 code. I cannot get the publish function to send calculated values from my sensors.
LEDG
Site Admin
Reactions:

Sure thing. Here's my ESP32 code. Mind the noobiness of it.

Feel free to post your code as well and I can see if the problem stands out to me.
Attachments
ControlBox_ESP32_07-17-2020.ino
(23.28 KiB) Downloaded 97 times

Use this Amazon referral link and any purchase you make within 24 hrs will earn LEDgardener a commission at no cost to you!
Freemaniac
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

That was extremely helpful, made me realize I needed to convert my float values to strings in order for MQTT to publish them.

Thank you!
LEDG
Site Admin
Reactions:

Great!

Baylos
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

Hi,

without any detail, it is difficult to provide you an answer. At least what kind of code you use and what you have tried so far would be nice to know.

I use ESP32 with SEN0169. There are some examples at GitHub. I used greenponik together with additional ADC.

I posted my code here:
viewtopic.php?f=35&t=5696&start=20

I get an MQTT response. Maybe later I will improve the code.

Hope that helps.

BR

B
stud
LED Lover
LED Lover
Reactions:

I'm not running DF PH/EC Sensors ,i'm using Atlas EZO ,after doin a little search i found this that might be useful :
https://community.dfrobot.com/makelog-308339.html
DF Sensors with MQTT on ESP
hope it helps you