Tasmota 9.2 apparently now supports EZO Sensors

Home Assistant automation projects, questions, etc. go here.
stud
LED Lover
LED Lover
Reactions:

i did not tried ,just sharing it :
https://tasmota.github.io/docs/EZO/
i will try after the holidays ,if anyone tries before me ,please share your experience
thanks
stud
LED Lover
LED Lover
Reactions:

its working with EZO-PH here :
Tasmota 9.2 on a ESP8266 ( wemos ) and HomeAssistant Lovelace Card .

PS: i still didnt figure how to calibrate
Attachments
ezo tas.png
ezoph_esp8266_tasmota9.2.jpg
tasmotEZO HA.png
tasmotEZO HA.png (9.02 KiB) Viewed 8044 times
tasmotEZO.png
Last edited by stud on Sun Jan 03, 2021 7:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LEDG
Site Admin
Reactions:

Love that these sensors are starting to get more support now!
Want to Support the Site?

Use this Amazon referral link and any purchase you make within 24 hrs will earn LEDgardener a commission at no cost to you!
warmachine
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

Auto temperature compensation? I think most work off using temp for the first i2c device but, it would be awesome to see any tasmota temp sensor work for compensation. Calibration through button would be nice. I'm sure you can do it in the console which is something I don't think ESPHome is capable of yet. So, IMO tasmota for EZO is an upgrade.
stud
LED Lover
LED Lover
Reactions:

warmachine wrote:
Mon Dec 28, 2020 9:10 pm
Auto temperature compensation? I think most work off using temp for the first i2c device but, it would be awesome to see any tasmota temp sensor work for compensation. Calibration through button would be nice. I'm sure you can do it in the console which is something I don't think ESPHome is capable of yet. So, IMO tasmota for EZO is an upgrade.
i dont have the temperature sensor ,but the temp. sensor PT-1000 was listed on tasmota firmware when i compiled it. Personally i dont need the temperature compensation since my calibration solution and water tank is always at the same temperature 21C . by default Tasmota doesnt have the EZO sensors enabled ,we have to compile it and uncomment it .
i still didnt figure how to calibrate either on Tasmota or EspHome , i have to look into it on my free time .
LEDG
Site Admin
Reactions:

stud wrote:
Tue Dec 29, 2020 1:52 am
warmachine wrote:
i dont have the temperature sensor ,but the temp. sensor PT-1000 was listed on tasmota firmware when i compiled it. Personally i dont need the temperature compensation since my calibration solution and water tank is always at the same temperature 21C . by default Tasmota doesnt have the EZO sensors enabled ,we have to compile it and uncomment it .
i still didnt figure how to calibrate either on Tasmota or EspHome , i have to look into it on my free time .
Calibration is pretty simple. All you need to do is blast out 3 messages to the EZO circuit:

First you send 99:Cal,mid,7.00 (pH EZO defaults to ID# 99 but change this if you modified yours - you can also change 7.00 to whatever your mid value is).

Then you send 99:Cal,low,4.00

Finally you send 99:Cal,high,10.00

If you want to ask it how many calibration points it currently has set, you send 99:Cal,?

Does Tasmota allow you to send strings like this to the device?

Use this Amazon referral link and any purchase you make within 24 hrs will earn LEDgardener a commission at no cost to you!
stud
LED Lover
LED Lover
Reactions:

LEDG wrote:
Tue Dec 29, 2020 9:57 pm
stud wrote:
Tue Dec 29, 2020 1:52 am
warmachine wrote:
Calibration is pretty simple. All you need to do is blast out 3 messages to the EZO circuit:

First you send 99:Cal,mid,7.00 (pH EZO defaults to ID# 99 but change this if you modified yours - you can also change 7.00 to whatever your mid value is).

Then you send 99:Cal,low,4.00

Finally you send 99:Cal,high,10.00

If you want to ask it how many calibration points it currently has set, you send 99:Cal,?

Does Tasmota allow you to send strings like this to the device?
you're the best , thank you so much , i just figured it out on Tasmota Side , i issued the command on tasmota console : Sensor78 Cal,mid,7.00 and it worked , now i have to figure how to make the buttons on HA Lovelace to send those commands via mqtt for PH Cal 4 , 7 , 10
LEDG
Site Admin
Reactions:

Add a button card and then right away click "show code editor" in the bottom left of the card. Paste this into 3 separate button cards (You just have to set the right MQTT topic for each and I'm guessing about the payload as I assume it still goes through the tasmota console somehow):

PH MID (STEP 1):

Code: Select all

hold_action:
  action: call-service
  service: mqtt.publish
  service_data:
    payload: Sensor78 Cal,mid,7.00
    topic: whatever topic you need
icon: 'mdi:numeric-1-circle'
icon_height: 100px
name: 'pH Cal Step 1: Mid'
show_icon: true
show_name: true
tap_action:
  action: none
type: entity-button
PH LOW (STEP 2):

hold_action:
  service_data:
    payload: Sensor78 Cal,low,4.00
icon: 'mdi:numeric-2-circle'
name: 'pH Cal Step 2: Low'
tap_action:
PH HIGH (STEP 3):

hold_action:
  service_data:
    payload: Sensor78 Cal,high,10.00
icon: 'mdi:numeric-3-circle'
name: 'pH Cal Step 3: High'
tap_action:

stud
LED Lover
LED Lover
Reactions:

LEDG wrote:
Wed Dec 30, 2020 3:27 am
Add a button card and then right away click "show code editor" in the bottom left of the card. Paste this into 3 separate button cards (You just have to set the right MQTT topic for each and I'm guessing about the payload as I assume it still goes through the tasmota console somehow):
thank you LEDG,you even put the right order for me ;) Mid-point (pH 7) --> Low point (pH 4) --> High point (pH 10) , i can't figure the right topic but we're very close ,i wont give up now , thank you so much
i will post once i get it working

its calibrating by putting this on a browser directed to the IP of tasmota : its a good start : example: http://192.168.1.39/cm?cmnd=Sensor78%20Cal,mid,7.00
stud
LED Lover
LED Lover
Reactions:

worked LEDG
i had to add a entity dunno why
i will eventually change it to scripts.
here's a working example:

hold_action: