PWM School

Home Assistant automation projects, questions, etc. go here.
professionalcynic
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

I have a few EC fans. 2 state 0-10v and PWM control, the other is an AC infinity with the screen.

Can someone point me in the direction of a definitive guide to get this sorted? I've watched youtube guide #7, 7 times with a hope it should be similar.

My questions are, how do I work out what resistor it might need? How do I find out the PWM frequency for each fan? Are there any other variables to consider when setting this up? Can anyone suggest some code for this?

Thanks
grotbags
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

i would be super interested in this too, i am about to dip my toes into this home automation malarkey after watching ledg's amazing vids.

i have just ordered a load of stuff, a raspberry pi4 a few esp32's, some ruvi tags, a load of optocouplers and some mossfets.

to get started i would like to have the temp and humidity data stramed in from the ruvi tags (looks straight forward enough from the vids). i would like to control my 6 channel growlight, on/off, dim individual channels ect (again looks straight forward ish from the vids). and last control my ec fans via info from the ruvi tags (this is the one im not sure about).
stud
LED Lover
LED Lover
Reactions:

professionalcynic wrote:
Mon Apr 05, 2021 5:04 am
I have a few EC fans. 2 state 0-10v and PWM control, the other is an AC infinity with the screen.

Can someone point me in the direction of a definitive guide to get this sorted? I've watched youtube guide #7, 7 times with a hope it should be similar.

My questions are, how do I work out what resistor it might need? How do I find out the PWM frequency for each fan? Are there any other variables to consider when setting this up? Can anyone suggest some code for this?

Thanks
my setup to control the AC infinity Blower is a L298N with ESP32 running ESPHome
on my 6 inch model the yellow wire is the PWM 0-10V if i remember good
i used a oscilloscope to find the frequency