automation issues

Home Assistant automation projects, questions, etc. go here.
SW234
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

Hey all,

I've wired in my entire box setup LEDgardener style. After some solid struggling I've managed to get sensor data readings from the EC/PH and other sensors linked in. Still can't seem to get my BME280's to work for humidity and temperature which is becoming irritating. I'm currently on my 3rd sensor order thinking the others were a faulty seller. Here's the link: https://www.adafruit.com/product/2652 yet it still gives no readings.

Another issue I've run into is getting these automations to properly work. Can't seem to get the pumps moving. As well, my fans for nutrients/control box fan turn on and then turn off? I'm not sure if I messed up some wiring or whether my automations aren't working. Help is appreciated!
[email protected]
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

Hi SW234,

I also have been struggling with sensors and other issues. I also used some different components and configurations to meet my needs. I've managed to solve a lot of issues by reverse engineering the code provided by LEDGardener as I am not a developer from origin.
Maybe I (or the whole community) can help you out if you could share your code and system diagram?
avanni
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

BME280 fucks a lot because of the power source , need to be 3,7
you can try to put a capacitor in the power line of the sensor i experienced some similar problems and solved using different power source and a capacitor to make more stable .

esphome:
name: testClimaTarget
platform: ESP32
board: esp32dev

# Enable logging
logger:

# Enable Home Assistant API
api:

ota:
password: "yourkey"

wifi:
networks:
- ssid: "primary wifi"
password: "primary wifi password"
- ssid: "secondary wifi"
password: "secondary wifi password"
power_save_mode: none

# Enable fallback hotspot (captive portal) in case wifi connection fails
ap:
ssid: "testClimaTargetr"
password: "AwWAfcpTnrJO"

captive_portal:

# Example configuration entry for ESP32 (using bus A , you can use also bus B for a secondary sensor)
i2c:
sda: 21
scl: 22
scan: true
id: bus_a

# Example configuration entry
sensor:
- platform: bme280
temperature:
name: "Temperatura Vega"
oversampling: 16x
pressure:
name: "Pressao Vega"
humidity:
name: "Humidade Vega"
address: 0x76
update_interval: 10s

#led will blink every 10 second and submit the temperature /humidity/preassure
status_led:
pin: GPIO2

compile this to your esp32 add the sensor to the 3 volts output of the esp32 and gnd also from esp
Data pin 21 and clock pin22
and thats it
use esphomeflasher to flash this and dont turn off the esphomeflasher , so you will be able to see the log of the device and if all ok the data you need otherwise you will see what is the error there.
cestevez
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

Hi All,

Happy new year!

I too am having these issues :| I cant seem to get the Arduino to transmit via the esp into HA. I would be willing to get on a discord or even a zoom call and collaborate with anyone who wants to and update our progress here so everyone can follow.
cestevez
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

Quick update. I was able to get the readings into HA. I found out i can just skip the arduino all together and use the ESP. I searched for "EZO" in the esphome.io website.
stud
LED Lover
LED Lover
Reactions:

i love Atlas Scientific , what is the problem ? i have it working with a nodemcu and tasmota , calibration is working to .
this weekend i will be sharing Tasmota 10 built with EZO libraries available , stay tuned
i've also shared some screenshots of EZO-PH here : viewtopic.php?f=35&t=6182