ESP32 vs Arduino Mega

Home Assistant automation projects, questions, etc. go here.
SweetGardening
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

Hey all! :)

Can someone can chime in about the difference between ESP32 wifi module and the Arduino? Seems everything I find can be used through the ESP32 module... I'm kinda confused. I installed HA on the rpi4, configured some automation... I just ordered few bme280 and an ESP32 and.. I'm still confused about the ESP vs Arduino... My main goal is to automate EC... and maybe some low co2 automation, like, below 350 ppm co2, start the fans to avoid co2 dropped further. :)

Thank you!
warmachine
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

The esp devices, esp8266 and esp32 are cheaper and wifi enabled. The logic pins are 3.3v where the Arduino is 5v.
Also, the esp devices are very easy to use now. ESPHome as seen in LEDg videos makes the coding very simple for even doing complex things. Also, Tasmota for esp8266 devices is extremely easy. You just go the web Ip of device and setup which pin you want to do what in a menu.
stud
LED Lover
LED Lover
Reactions:

ESP32 also have Bluetooth , i use it with Xiaomi Miflora (soil moisture BLE) and Xiaomi Temperature/Humidity sensors on ESPHome .
example on YT ( i recommend ESPHome , i've been using it for over 2 years with 5 Miflora sensors simultaneously on 1 ESP32 ,and it's super stable ):

next summer ill be trying the new Outdoor Miflora sensors on my outdoor garden (waterproof) !

warmachine
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

I tried to do the ESPHome bluetooth bridge with some govee sensors I have but, apparently it has a very limited number of working sensors. So, I ordered some Mijia sensors. I hope in the future they implement the entire HA bluetooth list. It would be awesome to incorporate some of the other brand bluetooth devices.