Zwave

Home Assistant automation projects, questions, etc. go here.
Morbidbystander
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

Has anyone messed with Zwave hardware and Home Assistant? It's been my chosen smart switch or relay run through my alarm system. The only problem is the alarm has very poor logic. I've had may things miss fire because of its lack of if, and, or logic.
LEDG
Site Admin
Reactions:

A few of my buddies run one of those sticks for some wireless door contacts and whatnot. They look really slick.
Want to Support the Site?

Use this Amazon referral link and any purchase you make within 24 hrs will earn LEDgardener a commission at no cost to you!
warmachine
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

I setup the Sonoff bridge flashed with tasmota, integrated to HA through ZHA. I initially did it all in one room and it was working good. When I unpluged it to move it and change batteries I lost connection to most of my sonoff temp/hum sensors. 1 Still works. I have mixed opinions but, I think I'll try some nicer sensors before ditching zigbee/zwave stuff all together.
Morbidbystander
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

Nice. The main reason I like zwave is because I mistakenly bought wifi security cameras. The wifi traffic is ridiculous running 4 1080p cameras.

I've got some Neo plugs from amazon running on Node Red now. I spent a long time trying to get open zwave beta to work to no avail. After I ended up deleting it, I found the zwave add-on sitting in my integration tab. After that I could add new zwave nodes with no problem. The next hurdle was in node red. I found you have to select switch in domain and not zwave. :roll:

System runs great now but I still haven't figured out how to name the monitoring entities for amp draw, wattage and kwh yet.

One more issue, these plugs run a small voltage when off. Enough to keep a 120v fan relay for hvac closed but less than 1v.