HA question about - Automate Your Grow with Home Assistant #5: Wireless Temp & Humidity w/ BME280 Boards & Ruuvi Tags

Home Assistant automation projects, questions, etc. go here.
jeff
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

I went the option 2 route and love it! The ruuvi tags are incredible and this was my first time using the esp32 boards! I have been wanting to setup the bluetooth to wifi bridge boards since the first time I saw Intermit.Tech talk about the idea a year or so ago, but was so intimidated until this video where you broke it down so I could easily do it, and for that, I am eternally grateful. Now, one question about my setup... I bought the 2 pack of esp32 board you linked to on Amazon that works perfect, but I wanted to start creating a network of these bridges and wonder if anyone knows the right way to join or aggregate the data from both bridges so that if one fails, the system will continue to work. seems it may be as simple as groups yaml but I am not sure.

Screen Shot 2021-01-03 at 3.12.38 AM.png
LEDG
Site Admin
Reactions:

So both of those ESPs are reading from the same Ruuvis and you just want redundancy so that if one fails, the other kicks in to replace it?
Want to Support the Site?

Use this Amazon referral link and any purchase you make within 24 hrs will earn LEDgardener a commission at no cost to you!
jeff
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

IF it's the the first Sunday of 2021 THEN yes, lol. but seriously, that could or would be a secondary benefit. the primary goal is to have a mesh of these wifi to bluetooth bridges throughout the house. In my case the 2 pack I bought from amazon should be fine, but for larger greenhouses or grows, it will be necessary to have these distributed. btw, you should also probably post what you have done over here....

https://f.ruuvi.com/t/ruuvi-sensors-ruu ... asy/4445/5

just in case you weren't aware of that yet. Seems like a bunch of people would benefit from what you have done here :D

so back to the logic that would make sense to this non programmer, the two bridges have created duplicate Ruuvi entities, so... if HA sees bridge 1 only, use those entities, or if HA sees bridge 2 only, use those entities, or if HA sees both bridge 1 and 2, either use one or the other, or even fancier would be add values from 1 and 2 and divide the sum by 2.

what's weird, if you look at the values from the 2 bridges, they are more different than I would have expected. Thanks for your interest in my question!

Screen Shot 2021-01-03 at 12.08.27.png
professionalcynic
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

This is a great idea for the paranoid of us. did you manage to get it going?