any experience with atlas-scientific (wi-fi-hydroponics-kit)

Home Assistant automation projects, questions, etc. go here.
KimiG
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

hey Morris, thanks for replying to my issue. can u elaborate a bit more on how I can do that.
I followed LEDG mqtt video and tested out my mqtt with mqttbox and have communication both ways. i also created the button on the other thread for calibration through HA and used studs code but nothing seems to be happening
KimiG
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

Just a quick update... I have managed to calibrate my sensors through the console on tasmota directly... still need to work on the mqtt to get it done through a button on home assistant side though.

But hey its working and calibrated :)

Thanks to everyone who helped make this happen
morrisraybrooks
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

all the EZOsensors have a Sketch-Program to load onto Arduino
its super easy head to
https://atlas-scientific.com/files/Ardu ... e-code.pdf

i use a UNO hence the links but they got what you need

Arduino Mega Sample Code
Arduino I2C Sample Code
Raspberry Pi Sample Code (UART, I2C, USB)
took like 30 min guaranteed results pore over those data seats there gold
but im super interested in your work in tasmota please keep us posted
Elburro24
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

KimiG wrote:
Wed May 26, 2021 11:29 pm
Just a quick update... I have managed to calibrate my sensors through the console on tasmota directly... still need to work on the mqtt to get it done through a button on home assistant side though.

But hey its working and calibrated :)

Thanks to everyone who helped make this happen
How did you manage to calibrate through tasmota console? I have the 0.1 EC probe
KimiG
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

So I'm assuming u have the kit with all three probes

this is how I did it and in this order:

Sensor78-2 k,0.1 (don't expect anything in the console it will return {"Sensor":""})
Sensor78-2 K,? (this will tell u what your probe is set to, it will return a result on console)

if that goes by smoothly the rest is simple.

started with the ph. and have 2 windows open. one with console and the other with the tasmota home page with the probe readings.

PH
Start with the PH7 first, set the probe in solution and wait for the reading to stabilize then send this command in console. The reading will reset and will calibrate to 7

Sensor78-1 cal,mid,7 (reading adjusts)

Then PH4 same as above and don't forget to rinse the probes as you switch solutions

Sensor78-1 cal,low,4 (reading adjusts)

followed by PH10 High

Sensor78-1 cal,high,10 (reading adjusts)

EC
First calibration must be dry. Nothing will show or happen here in either window

Sensor78-2 cal,dry (no change on reading)

then Low ( unlike the PH when u calibrate the low the reading on the second window WILL NOT change! It will change once u calibrate the last high point in thee next step)

Sensor78-2 cal,low,84 (no change on reading)

EC HIGH

Sensor78-2 cal,high,1413 (reading adjusts)

once u send this command on console u should see the EC reading change similar to the PH calibration

That's it you are all done :) Hope this helped and worked out. I spent way to much time scratching my head to get it done. I'm still new to all this :)

If u want the scripts to do it through Home assistant and MQTT let me know I got it working as well

sorry for the delay had a hectic work week
morrisraybrooks
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

KimiG thanks so much you helped me out a lot now i get it

i wasn't putting in any numbers after the Calibrate command for my EC
I had both my kits for about 3 months tried multiple times to calibrate em no luck
==============================
(PH)

Sensor78-1 cal,mid,7
Sensor78-1 cal,low,4
Sensor78-1 cal,high,10
(EC)

Sensor78-2 cal,dry
Sensor78-2 cal,low,12.880
Sensor78-2 cal,high,80.000

( Sensor78-2 cal,low,((((( 84 ))))) (no change on reading)
(Sensor78-2 cal,high,((((( 1413 ))))) (reading adjusts)

#low,84
#high,1413

i have a question tho
what are the set point numbers 84 and 1413 from
KimiG
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

with the k0.1 probe atlas sent 2 calibration solutions. Those are the values of the calibration solutions Low and High. You might have different values on the K1 probe

Glad I could be of help :) gonna tackle the node red Ph set and forget when I get the time, I'm sure ill be reaching out to you soon still didn't dive in to node red
Elburro24
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

Hey guys, had a power outage last night and the Atlas Scientific probes didn't take it well. I'm not home at the moment to troubleshoot but can VPN in to have a look around. Seems like the mcu ( 8266 huzzah i think) in the kit hasn't managed to reconnect to wifi (logged into pfsense to look for the dhcp lease and it says the atlas is offline). Also, its a tasmota device and I can't log into it with its IP address. Now for the tricky part, HA seems to see it (says the device is 'home'), but it says that the probes are unavailable. When I pull up the device attributes in HA it says its Essid is correctly set to my 2.4ghz IoT wifi network.

Has anyone else ran into issues like this? Would be nice to hear everyone's thoughts as well...if this happens whenever I lose power then I might need to invest in a beefy UPS to keep it online. But for now, any help just getting things functional again would be appreciated. Thanks
morrisraybrooks
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

i have lost power and the pi got reassigned a new ip and i had to go into tasmota and set new ip back up before
stud
LED Lover
LED Lover
Reactions:

Elburro24 wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 12:34 pm
Hey guys, had a power outage last night and the Atlas Scientific probes didn't take it well. I'm not home at the moment to troubleshoot but can VPN in to have a look around. Seems like the mcu ( 8266 huzzah i think) in the kit hasn't managed to reconnect to wifi (logged into pfsense to look for the dhcp lease and it says the atlas is offline). Also, its a tasmota device and I can't log into it with its IP address. Now for the tricky part, HA seems to see it (says the device is 'home'), but it says that the probes are unavailable. When I pull up the device attributes in HA it says its Essid is correctly set to my 2.4ghz IoT wifi network.

Has anyone else ran into issues like this? Would be nice to hear everyone's thoughts as well...if this happens whenever I lose power then I might need to invest in a beefy UPS to keep it online. But for now, any help just getting things functional again would be appreciated. Thanks
i did have that issue in the past , but not with the Atlas MCU , was with some of my sonoffs running tasmota and some ESPHome.
my firewall is also pfsense with 3 Asus Routers on a wifi Mesh and i have many ESPHome/Tasmota Nodes on my Network without issues , make sure you reserve a internal IP on ESPHome/Tasmota or DHCP on PFSense
and your problem will be solved
depending on your config , if Tasmota doesnt connect to your wifi router automatically , it should open a new Wifi connection for you to connect to and reconfigure the tasmota wifi settings