Calibration problem with HX711

Home Assistant automation projects, questions, etc. go here.
cnselpaso
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

I have been able to work through a lot of things with my system and now it is partially functional.
One of my sticking points is with Scale calibration.
I have the 3 items setup on HA
1.) HX711 Calibration - which gives readout of what is occurring as calibration is kicked off.

2.) "Begin Calibration" - Run - This starts process of calibration

This starts a series of events which ask to remove all weight from scale and gives a few seconds to accomplish this. (I had already disassembled my IBC Tote to accomplish this since it sits on top of scale)
The next step is to place known weight on scale ( Used a Cinder Block which is about 17 KG for 8X8X16" unit)
The automation doesn't stop to let me interact to add "known weight" value
After that I removed weight and let it continue to run process of calculating weight which stabilizes pretty close to what it is reading as weight.
At this point it just sits there and doesn't seem to finish. I'm sure I am missing something here.

3.) "Save and Exit"

I placed my tank back on the scale and it adjust for the weight but doesn't move beyond this step. After waiting for 30 minutes I "Save and Exit" (Not sure what to do to zero out for tare)
It now says it saved this info to EEPROM which is good.
After finishing I added water to my tank but the reading stays at 0.00 Liters
During my next water change I will gladly do this again once I know what I did wrong.
LEDG
Site Admin
Reactions:

PM'd
Want to Support the Site?

Use this Amazon referral link and any purchase you make within 24 hrs will earn LEDgardener a commission at no cost to you!
cnselpaso
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

Just a FYI on this post...
LED Gardener and I worked on this issue together and I found that the problem was with cabling. I had used cat5 cable to extend my wiring to the 150 gallon tote I modified for my nutrient tank. When I crimped the cables to cat5 two of my cables were crossed. Once I fixed the issue I began to get correct readings and it works great now!
cnselpaso
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

Just a FYI on this post...
LED Gardener and I worked on this issue together and I found that the problem was with cabling. I had used cat5 cable to extend my wiring to the 150 gallon tote I modified for my nutrient tank. When I crimped the cables to cat5 two of my cables were crossed. Once I fixed the issue I began to get correct readings and it works great now! :D