Help Whit Peristaltic Dosing Pumps

Home Assistant automation projects, questions, etc. go here.
avanni
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

Hi there , first of all let me introduce , im a coder from brazil living in chile i am also a gardener enthusiast so i started my own development of the gardening control system developed by the admin of this forum.
I have made some changes because of the costs and also because of the way i plant and plan to go ahead
My gardening consist in 3 tents
- Clone Room
- Vega -Tent
- Flora- Tent

My intentions is to grow the way i always have done manual but this time using some technology at my side
so i modified a little bit the original project and added a second reservoir mix so my project and also have added a way to give just fresh water to plants so i have a crazy connection whit 6 solenoids that i control to send water or nutrients from the same line.

Reservoirs i have:
- 6 Solenoid Sensors ( to control water flux)
- 1 RO Water reservoir
- 1 RO Water Solenoid Always open
- 1 Vega-Tent fertilization reseirvoir
- 1 Flora-Tent fertilization Reseirvoir
- 1 Water detect sensor
- 2 Arduino DIY Scales
- 5 Water pump

For The Tents i have

Clone Tent
1- 12 V Exhaust
1- 12 v Ventilator
1- 30 w Led Light

Vega Tent
1- 12 V Ventilator
1- 12 v Exhaust
1- 600w Led Light
1 - ESP_CAM
1- BME Sensor
1 Water Detect Sensor

Flora Tent
2- 12 V ventilators
1- 200 w Exhaust
1- 600 W HPS
1- CoolTube whit Exaust ( for cooltube refrigeration)
1 - ESP_CAM
1- BME Sensor
1 Water Detect Sensor
1 - Humidifier ( DIY one auto refuel)

For the Reservoirs Mix i Have done wifi also using a esp-32 and a PWN fans so i can control the speed of the recipient mixers

6 Peristaltic Bombs
6 jars
6 PWN Fans
1 ESP-32
1- BME Sensor to monitor the room temperature

The controlbox im using
ESP32
Arduino mega
6 Water Sensors
PH diy measure
TDS Measurement
also have added 8 relays to control some devices in future

I will post pictures and will take the time to explain more in the future
Also i plan to share my code to anyone so you can modify your own

I forget to mention that i control the temp and humidity from vega and flora tent
the light are controlled in the 3 tents i am using some power bars from tuya company for this purposes

The ventilators PWN are all controled by a esp-32 box whit some relays so i can control all over the HA
the lights and Exhaust are also all plugged to wifi relays so all is also controlled from HA

THE PROBLEM:
My problem is whit the peristaltic pumps .
they dose perfect but when i stop the program the bombs continue to dispense the liquid drop by drop , but never stops,
How can i stop this? i see some post of a guy using a one way valve , i buy this valve but the problem continue the same :(
please help me , i travel a lot for work and i need this project 100 % :(
help me
I will post some picture when i arrive home , thanks in advance

stud
LED Lover
LED Lover
Reactions:

something like this might help you , just make sure it fits your tubing or get one with the appropriate size :

im using the same Pumps like @LEDG and i dont have those issues .

nice setup btw ! :geek: :geek: :geek: where are you from ? BR PT ?
avanni
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

Hello my friend first of all thanks for reply to the post.
I have already buy and use those retention valves but this have not stopped the liquid to continue flow even when i stop the bombs
so this part of the project makes me lost the initial euphoria in the project
but i have been thinking in a way to make my garden works the way i like
and then i figured out that my nuts get rotten after some days so for the way i plant is not possible to use the nuts recipe
so i planed a different way and this way is having a nutrients reservoir that will receive the water and the nuts , mix and deliver . after that will have a clean process where i will pump water and clean the reservoir so this way i will use for both gardens ( flora and vega).
For the peristaltic bombs i will run this way:
peristaltic bombs will pump the fluid to the recipe , then i will trigger a reverse rotation to pump the liquid back and prevent they continue flow to the recipe
i have been analyze the esp code to add my own routine for this and i have a small question to admin that will help me not lost time figured out how works
First of all i am coder but i have never coded in arduino or any other microcontroller languages so all this is a challenge for me but i am going.
let me ask my question

i want to rotate the bombs reverse so i will create a function to do this
my question is
if i simply change here onTime to 0
digitalWrite(dosingPumpEnablePin[pumpNumber], onTime);
this will make the pin to low right?
i have figured out that depend of the wires if the bomb go to one or other side , so i deduced that we need to invert the pins for this purpose withoutImage touching the wires .
Is simple as this?
if i just set the pin high or low will make the L-298N make the bomb go in reverse mode?

Te nut recipe is ready whit 4 solenoid valves to control the fluid direction . i will post pictures of the entire setup today
I will travel one month in December so i am rush to finish this and be able to test some days before go.
i am already using the system to automate my grow and i have experienced the best results ever. very very very nice my last grow.

thanks to all , have a nice day
avanni
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

Hi guys , here are some pictures about the job i have been done here
My perpetual Weed grow

Shimbob
LED Wizard
LED Wizard
Reactions:

Love the self-refilling humidifier!
stud
LED Lover
LED Lover
Reactions:

i just ordered a 12 head ultrasonic mister :mrgreen: dont forget to use ROed water
avanni
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

nice my friend , im using RO water for the humidifier , the only problem im found till now is the water generated inside the tube , this water makes the fan burn after some weeks :S
im looking to buy a waterproof fan for this.
By the way i solved yesterday the peristaltic bomb that never stop delivery the fluid.
Was just gravity i changed the position of the jars and now is working well

I will make some videos of the system working
Till now works perfect
stud
LED Lover
LED Lover
Reactions:

my ultrasonic mister is inside a cooler . i drilled the cooler cover with 3 inch Dozer , glued 3 PVC pipes of 3 inch diameter and ~ 2 foot long , i plugged a marine blower from amazon on 1 of the PVC pipes ( 1 foot shorter then the other 2 not to suck the water back inside the cooler , to blow air inside the cooler and the other 2 PVC pipes blow air out from the cooler with the particles of water , soon i will post my humidifier project , on the holidays .thanks for sharing

PS : i also control the speed of the blower using a nodeMCU + Mosfet , my blower is always @ ~30% speed when humidity is needed , to turn the humidifier on/off , i have everything plugged on a Sonoff S31 orunning Tasmota or ESPHome.

blower:
avanni
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

my raspberry go out of connection during a fert session and 50 liters of solution was dispensed in the floor of my room lol
Conlcusion.. the floor goes all up
lol

by the way i continue whit the problem in the peristaltic bombs

https://we.tl/t-VWNWtuhtQy