Lux

A catch-all category for LED-related questions, content, news, rumors, or whatever. If it doesn’t fit elsewhere, put it here.
turpman
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

Any of you with strips using a lux meter to monitor what intensity is working? If so what are your numbers? Seedling veg flower.

I’m running 40000 flower looks to be the limit for now. Starting to show signs of too much light or maybe a deficiency. On about 3rd week.
unkle_psycho
LED Wizard
LED Wizard
Reactions:

Ive been thinking about getting a lux meter, tried with my phone but didnt trust the results...
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted"
turpman
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

If it's repeatable then at least you have a tool. My meter is a cheep Chinese but it's quite reputable so I can at least document.
unkle_psycho
LED Wizard
LED Wizard
Reactions:

Yeah for sure it can be useful as a personal reference. I started there, but then learned to calculate DLI estimates and moved to that.
What strips do you use, and how much power do you feed them?
turpman
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

Eb 3500 16 4’ strips
1.2a 220 to the driver so 264w-losses. About 8” I may have some cal mag issues.
unkle_psycho
LED Wizard
LED Wizard
Reactions:

Are those gen2? I calculated estimating a 93% efficient driver, and 2.5umol /w for the strips, it gives a ppf of 612. What kind of area does the light cover?
turpman
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

4x4
turpman
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

Ya gen 2
Light raised for pick. Usually run at 10" giv or take. It's the 4 hydro in the back. The light coloured ones are in dirt, witch I'm not very good at either LOL
turpman
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

This is what's worrying me. Looks like deficiency? Cal? Or mag? I have not been adding calmag up to this point but just did a res change and added 15 mill calmag to 46L "pretty light" then another 6 mill a couple of days after to the res. Running pretty light feed. Plants don't seem to want more. 380ppm.
Make up is RO adjusted to 350 with nutes, float control, ppm drops about 15ppm/day. Add more nutes by hand to keep at 380. Ph 6.3 with a slight swing up. Also bump it back down to with phos, acid.
The curve?
King tut.
And the light colour?
Last edited by turpman on Thu Nov 15, 2018 12:08 am, edited 2 times in total.
turpman
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

Oh and thanks for the help uncle :)
How did you calculate ppfd? I take the 2.5umol/wat doesn't work across the bord? Does that factor work up to .7a/strip?