ATREUM 360/HLG600/SolaCure/Sonoff build, full WiFi, and UV

All things related to board-style lights (Quantum Boards, Logic Pucks, etc.)
Norcorider
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

I made a post earlier, asking for some input on my build. Well I got it all finished, so I figured I’d throw up some pictures and answer any questions you guys might have.
Build list

1- 36”x36” 1/4” Aluminum Plate
4- Atreum 360 Boards
1- HLG600h-54b Driver
??- 2/5 slot Wagos
1- 100k potentiometer (which only ended up
being a 96k, I added some resistors and get it up to 100k)
2-120v 15a Rocker Switches
2- Sonoff Basic Wifi Relays
100- #6 Self Tapping Screws
1 Roll- 18/4 Solid Core Thermostat Wire(stripped it, and took red/black wire for boards)
2- Fulham SC-120-115-CT8 Sugar Cube Florescent ballasts
2- Solacure Flower Power Bulbs
4- T12 Lamp Sockets
1- Old Drill Bit Box
1- C14 inlet connector
1- C13 Plug End
??- Zip Ties
1 Box - Heat Shrink
4- #6 Eye Bolt
4-Ratchet Hangers

1 Amazon Echo Dot- more on this soon, full automation with voice commands is what I’m trying for.

I ran into some issues along the way, wired and reworked it a couple times, but in the end, I’m happy with where it is. Wiring version 1 had a built in timer, and 120v outlet mounted to the top of the light so they could be daisy-chainable, but in the end, it was just more complex than it needed to be.
Revision 2 ended up with wifi control, so it can be turned on and off from my phone, which I like, especially with the ability to set and adjust the timer from anywhere. The other thing it gives, is the ability to turn off the UV bulbs prior to entering the room. The switch/power box initially was a nice project box, but I ended up putting too many holes in it, and after the wifi revision, it wasn’t usable. I wanted to get it done, so I grabbed the old drill box, and I’m happy with it, as goofy as it looks.

The boards are mounted at about 22” on center if I remember correctly.
Let me know why you guys think, sorry, the photos aren’t the greatest.
Attachments
95B4CD59-CB59-401A-B208-92EE747887BF.png
621C9506-74A4-4CD9-9961-DCF7EC751833.jpeg
8AFDE336-C517-4EA7-B723-CEA1BE598D8A.jpeg
97FB4E76-CC92-4836-8CDD-7E0EE0AB3CC1.jpeg
80BF8DA2-A5F5-4C0A-B5D3-71655E3359E4.jpeg
EA6073B2-020A-4EC7-97E4-587B2355AE5B.jpeg
eighties
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

That is a cool setup. I'd love to incorporate the wifi controls into my lights. Couple quick questions:

1. Am I correct that power comes in, is split to the rocker switches (1 for boards, 1 for fluoro), goes downstream to the sonoffs (again, 1 for boards and 1 for fluoro), and then to the driver and ballasts, respectively?
2. Are the rockers really required, or are they just main switches for convenience?
3. How do you like the sonoffs? Were there other models you considered?
4. What happens if your phone is off or not in service? Does the lighting program still run? What if you lose internet service at the house but still have electrical service?
5. Is there any other equipment required for the wifi switching besides the relays and the smartphone app? What did the switches cost?

Again, nice setup and a clean build.
Norcorider
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

1- correct, if I was to do it again, I would wire the toggle on the other side of the Sonoff for the fluros, because the Sonoff takes a minute to reconnect, once power is restored. Switching the hot wire on the output of the Sonoff would keep the wifi relay powered all the time and eliminate this rebooting issue.
2- rockers are redundant, and I wanted them to be there incase the sonoffs ended up being garbage. But they seem to be working pretty well. Occasional issues, but I have never had an issue with the programming of them, just occasionally the app won’t connect. I plan to port it over to my Alexa, as this seems like a software issue. The native app is less than perfect, but works.
3- sonoffs seem like the perfect solution for this, I was going to order their 2channel one, but the single Channel relays are cheap, and I had them already. I’m planning on running my entire room on these.
4- I’m still testing this, but my understanding is that once the program is loaded to the Sonoff for on off times, it will function with or without wifi. But don’t quote me on that.
5- just the Sonoff and the app, they can also be migrated to most smart home setups. I got mine on amazon, they were about 10$CAD, but they are only 5$ish if you order direct. I’m going to order a bunch of them in the new year.
atreum
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

Nice build! Liking how you re-purposed the Rigid box =)
eighties
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

Thanks for the info. It was really helpful. I just placed my order for components for a new Q series build that will incorporate the sonoffs. The build will be a bit over the top, but should be fun. In my 2x4' tent I'll be running 18 3500K 2' strips off 2 hlg-185h-c700a drivers allowing me to have a left zone and right zone for when I'm only using half the tent. I'll take some pics and post it when I get it complete. Enjoy the new light.
Norcorider
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

eighties wrote:
Sat Dec 08, 2018 11:13 pm
Thanks for the info. It was really helpful. I just placed my order for components for a new Q series build that will incorporate the sonoffs. The build will be a bit over the top, but should be fun. In my 2x4' tent I'll be running 18 3500K 2' strips off 2 hlg-185h-c700a drivers allowing me to have a left zone and right zone for when I'm only using half the tent. I'll take some pics and post it when I get it complete. Enjoy the new light.
Sound cool! Make sure to make a post!
Norcorider
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

Just wanted to follow up to a link to my grow journal, loving this light and I can’t wait to give one of their strip lights a run.

https://growbud.co/shared/sharedGrow?plantId=9nM7mJwORn