Logic puck v2 voltage/parallel wiring/hlg 600h?

All things related to board-style lights (Quantum Boards, Logic Pucks, etc.)
Jolly Green Giant
LED Wizard
LED Wizard
Reactions:

that makes way more sense now.. you did get lucky with top, top bins 😁
LEDG
Site Admin
Reactions:

The reason your voltage is low doesn’t have anything to do with the bin of the LEDs. It is due to the fact that you’re pulling all the current from the driver and forcing it into constant current mode. The driver is designed to run this way so there’s no problem with it. Your set up was running as it should.

If you were to add more pucks to it, you would still be getting the same current out of the driver, but your voltage would go even lower. Also, if you remove six pucks, your current would still stay the same but your voltage would jump quite a bit. This is just how CV + CC drivers work. If you want a more in-depth explanation, check out this video I made on the topic. You can skip to 11 minutes and 44 seconds for the most relevant part.

Want to Support the Site?

Use this Amazon referral link and any purchase you make within 24 hrs will earn LEDgardener a commission at no cost to you!
Jolly Green Giant
LED Wizard
LED Wizard
Reactions:

LEDG wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 4:47 pm
The reason your voltage is low doesn’t have anything to do with the bin of the LEDs. It is due to the fact that you’re pulling all the current from the driver and forcing it into constant current mode. The driver is designed to run this way so there’s no problem with it. Your set up was running as it should.

If you were to add more pucks to it, you would still be getting the same current out of the driver, but your voltage would go even lower. Also, if you remove six pucks, your current would still stay the same but your voltage would jump quite a bit. This is just how CV + CC drivers work. If you want a more in-depth explanation, check out this video I made on the topic. You can skip to 11 minutes and 44 seconds for the most relevant part.

^ is why I have missed you! 😄😄😄😄 and reading your knowledge bombs! 😁
Ziggydb
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

Man would have saved me some headache if you would have seen this earlier. Thanks for the knowledge drop ledgardner.
LEDG
Site Admin
Reactions:

Ziggydb wrote:
Mon Jan 21, 2019 12:45 am
Man would have saved me some headache if you would have seen this earlier. Thanks for the knowledge drop ledgardner.
Sorry dude.

Use this Amazon referral link and any purchase you make within 24 hrs will earn LEDgardener a commission at no cost to you!
Ziggydb
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

It all worked out though. Rapid exchanged for 3 240h-1400b. Now I can have 750watts if needed. I'm excited. Thanks again for this site and the knowledge on it.
LEDG
Site Admin
Reactions:

Nice. Those are good people over at Rapid.