10x FB24B + 2x 480h-48b

Strip light questions and discussions go here (Samsung, Bridgelux, Photo Boost, Growcraft, etc.)
unkle_psycho
LED Wizard
LED Wizard
Reactions:

WTF!! Had to spend a moment staring trying to figure out whats going on in the picture. Your not wasting space, are you :shock:
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted"
ATPinMotion
LED Lover
LED Lover
Reactions:

I read through the journal and I still don't comprehend all that's going on there. :geek:

NFT+SIP FTW?

Very creative sir, absolutely love it!
Run 'em soft
T-Time
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

unkle_psycho wrote:
Tue Jan 22, 2019 10:23 pm
WTF!! Had to spend a moment staring trying to figure out whats going on in the picture. Your not wasting space, are you :shock:
I don't have space to waste :P
Love Your sig :)
ATPinMotion wrote:
Wed Jan 23, 2019 1:03 am
I read through the journal and I still don't comprehend all that's going on there. :geek:

NFT+SIP FTW?

Very creative sir, absolutely love it!
Thank You. My space limitations are driving my creativity I guess :D

It started as SIP but evolved to multi layer vertical DTW system. All the equipment is in, underneath or attached to the side of a tent, takes roughly 2.5x5' floor space and allows me to grow 5x5 wall of green, which wouldnt be possible with HPS lamps. At one stage I was running 6 plant vertical grow there, with 2x400W HPS lamps but couldnt get it to work right :p

Back to the topic.
I've decided to go with 10x LT-FB24B and mount them on 40mm heatsinks. At 12" distance theres no big defference between light uniformity between 20 or 24 EB strips. Price difference would be marginal , system much more simple and moving only 10 strips vs 24 out of the way , much easier.
unkle_psycho
LED Wizard
LED Wizard
Reactions:

do you have any light on the walls? side lighting?
T-Time
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

unkle_psycho wrote:
Wed Jan 23, 2019 8:08 am
do you have any light on the walls? side lighting?
Nope, just front lights.
unkle_psycho
LED Wizard
LED Wizard
Reactions:

So how many light bars do you aim to have with your new setup?

And what do you think about having the light pointing in vs down at an angle... isn't light wasted as it goes upwards?
T-Time
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

I want to run 10 bars.

Any idea can You connect LT-FB24B through the one side connectors only ? Or is it only possible when connecting two FB22B strips ?
I mean can I connect them to + and minus on the same side ? Couse otherwise I will go for 20x FB22B strips .
unkle_psycho
LED Wizard
LED Wizard
Reactions:

Are you connecting in series or parallel? I use vestas which are dual strip bridgeluxes, and if you only connect one side, you only get one channel on

:edit: my vestas have both pluses on one end, and minuses on the other, so they are easy to connect parallel,
T-Time
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

I've got a confirmation from Digikey and put and order for 10x LT-FB24B and saved myself a good few bucks and connecting hassle.
ATPinMotion
LED Lover
LED Lover
Reactions:

T-Time, bringin' the flux!! Good stuff, man.

Did you stay with 3500k?

If you remember to update us, I'm curious what kind of temps those FB's run on the U channel.

Pleasantly surprised with EB Gen 2. Wired some up yesterday. Running <40C at max (1.4a) and I haven't even burned 'em in yet.
Run 'em soft