Vesta Gen2 Strips

Strip light questions and discussions go here (Samsung, Bridgelux, Photo Boost, Growcraft, etc.)
Hydrofood
LED Lover
LED Lover
Reactions:

https://www.bridgelux.com/products/vest ... ifications

-Single row alternating CCT
-Appears to be just a different form factor.
-Similar specs released thus far.

Anyone have any news or insight?
unkle_psycho
LED Wizard
LED Wizard
Reactions:

Lots of new cobs, and only one really weired new strip product... Vesta® Series Tunable White Edge

It claims to be 6mm wide :shock:

Slight reduction in efficiency, but this would fit into the really cheap Chinese housing, and it might be even cheaper since it seems to use so much less material, in both diodes and PCB board!
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted"
Hydrofood
LED Lover
LED Lover
Reactions:

And only in 570mm.
That could just be a preliminary DS tease tho. I hope they do 1ft as well.

With how cheap the vestas are, and how minimalist these appear to be, I’d bet they aren’t much more then $5.
unkle_psycho
LED Wizard
LED Wizard
Reactions:

The old 1 foot strips are about 4.5e and the long ones around 8.5e. Your price estimate might be rather spot on.

I think there is a print mistake in the width of the strip, they are not packing that much power in a 6mm wide strip... even 16mm would be wild, but more likely.
unkle_psycho
LED Wizard
LED Wizard
Reactions:

Vesta Edge is now available for ordering. The new Vesta Tunable White arrays in 9, 13 and 18 mm form factors will be available for ordering in March, while the other form factors will be available for ordering shortly thereafter. For more information, please visit www.bridgelux.com or email [email protected]

Look at those narrow strips! MY GOD! and there's a lot of new sizes on the way,

https://www.ledsmagazine.com/ugc/2019/0 ... ducts.html
Hydrofood
LED Lover
LED Lover
Reactions:

The other form factors is just for the COBs tho. Not interested. This is the mid power forum man! Lol

And that narrow strip pic is the same as the link I provided earlier. Dang near only a diodes width wide!
I’m dig it. Especially if they are only a few bucks.
unkle_psycho
LED Wizard
LED Wizard
Reactions:

Oh dear, I was imagining they were going to put out 9mm and 15mm wide strips of these new designs, but I guess your right... just cobs.

I am still kinda getting exited

The strip is 3 x more narrow then a gen2, but has a nominal power rating of 21w... The 5x wider dual vestas have a nominal rate of 25w.
unkle_psycho
LED Wizard
LED Wizard
Reactions:

So I was looking at those cobs the other day, and there were some models that went really low, like 2000k so I had a look. They didn't have two separate sets of diodes that created the temperature fade, they just were warmer the softer you drove them, and cooler the harder you drove them.
Perhaps these new strips will work similarly.
Hydrofood
LED Lover
LED Lover
Reactions:

Alot of the gen one vestas cobs were like that. Called Dim-to-warm or something. You can see the diodes on the new edge strip and they are 2 different shades so my guess is it will not be dim to warm.
unkle_psycho
LED Wizard
LED Wizard
Reactions:

Right you are.