Hello,long time lurker first post lol,What driver/drivers for 5 hlg QB100 V1'S

All things related to board-style lights (Quantum Boards, Logic Pucks, etc.)
Kascutt
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

No problem bud, thank you for your knowledge. When I emailed them I was expecting them to give me a link or send me a spec sheet but nope,I'll email agian lol.
Jolly Green Giant
LED Wizard
LED Wizard
Reactions:

ok they are the 192 counts.. just wanted to make sure.. yeah a hlg-480h-36 would push the boards to max. but I never recommend pushing them that hard.. I always try to stay under 75% of max... the harder you push them, the hotter they get, the shorter their lifespan is. especially when they don't use heatsinks. yeah you can dim it back to 75%.. but you can also bump the potentiometer by accident and max it out not knowing it.

now knowing they're 192's, I would use the hlg-480h-c2100a/b... in series it would use 80% of the max voltage range and keep the boards at the 75% max current.. if you really want to max them for some reason.. then yeah use the -36..
unkle_psycho
LED Wizard
LED Wizard
Reactions:

What are you planning in term of heatsinks? Or will you decide on that after the power side is settled?
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted"
Kascutt
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

Jolly Green Giant wrote: ↑
Thu Mar 21, 2019 3:10 pm
ok they are the 192 counts.. just wanted to make sure.. yeah a hlg-480h-36 would push the boards to max. but I never recommend pushing them that hard.. I always try to stay under 75% of max... the harder you push them, the hotter they get, the shorter their lifespan is. especially when they don't use heatsinks. yeah you can dim it back to 75%.. but you can also bump the potentiometer by accident and max it out not knowing it.

now knowing they're 192's, I would use the hlg-480h-c2100a/b... in series it would use 80% of the max voltage range and keep the boards at the 75% max current.. if you really want to max them for some reason.. then yeah use the -36..
Great! thank you you so much!! I was close lol. I'm thinking I'm going to go the 480h-c2100a in series route so I know I won't blow shit up lol.
Kascutt
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

unkle_psycho wrote: ↑
Thu Mar 21, 2019 6:35 pm
What are you planning in term of heatsinks? Or will you decide on that after the power side is settled?
These boards don't require heatsinks, but if I go the 480h-36 then I would figure something out for heatsinks as I could potentially push them to max. I'm just going to go with some aluminum L channel or something for a frame,something simple,not positive on the final layout. Also HLG got back to me and said that 1 HLG-480H-C2800A would be ok to drive all 5 in series and said I can add a sixth one,I just have to pay shipping for the board😎😎
Attachments
Screenshot_20190321-151055.png
unkle_psycho
LED Wizard
LED Wizard
Reactions:

If the dude will send you a sixth board for free, so it will match the driver he recommends, then thats a bit of a no-brainer. But it still means driving them hard, so you need to think about heatsinks.
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted"
Jolly Green Giant
LED Wizard
LED Wizard
Reactions:

a 6th board would definitely give a better spread over a 4x4.. ( I use 6 288's ) I know they should handle max current no problem after watching Ledgardener try to blow a 288 up, but the heat coming off of them.. then the driver heat also.. I'm just not a fan of pushing them hard.. the 2100a will still fit all 6 😁...

either or... 2100a or 2800a ... and definitely get the 6th board 😁
Kascutt
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

So I just found out the guy I'm buying the 5 boards from is the owner of ledlightsdepot.com Erik is his name,I had no clue lmao! I thought I was buying from some random person on Facebook, taking that risk because the boards were so cheap lol. Anyways Erik found another board that he's sending,plus the great person(not sure who lol) im dealing with at HLG is sending me 3 more,so now I'll have a total of 9 QB100 V1'S for a total of 70$ shipped!😎😎😎😎😍😍😍😍😍 now I should have a pretty killer setup if I configure it correctly. How would you guys configure 9 boards in a 4Γ—4? 3 rows with 3 panels each.