Hello everybody. BeeAreBee here.

New? Say hi!
BeeAreBee
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

So, im newish to the led scene, ive watched a bunch of growmau5 and greengene.

I was all set to buy a diy photoboost, got looking at ordering, they are out of stock. And most likely will be again as soon as shipment comes in. 2x4 for 450ish.

So i decide, i not got time to wait.
Start looking around more.
Found rapid led, and theyre growmau5 4x4 chilled puck kits. A bit mor pricey, but covers double the space of the photoboost.
(I choose the 4x4 because it has more pucks than the 5x5. But im wondering if i should get a bigger better driver on the 4x4?? Like, can i put a bigger driver and get better results)(not sure if yall familiar with any of these kits)

Anyway, enough ramble.
I decide on that 4x4 growmau5 kit πŸ‘Œ
Went to order, just tonight, and guess whuttt?

They are out of stock on theyre driver rails and it will take 2-3 more weeks for any kit requiring said rails....
Wtf

I feel like its a sighn not to buy em or something.

Anyways, i need to cover a 4x4 or maybe hopefully 5x5 area, with about 45-almost 50 watts/sqft. Par in the 950s-1000. Still keep at least 2.5umoles/j.
And be a mostly flower light but can do whatevvs.

I liked those photoboost strip. And that 4x4 growmau5 kit.

I was looking at the growmau5 kit, i really dont see were id save any money by ordering the same parts. Its still a diy. And they offer 10% off first order.

Idk guys, im too new to this to make the right choice.

Any advices or tips are greatly appreciate!
Jolly Green Giant
LED Wizard
LED Wizard
Reactions:

welcome to the forum!! 😁

with you wanting those numbers I would build with Gene's photo strips, growmau5 pucks or HLG's QB 96 V 2's.. Green Genes is only running 640 ish watts ( 2 hlg 320's 40w per sqft) per 4x4... he's hitting over 1000 ppfd easy with the duo 2x4 builds per side.. I would plan the other 2 builds around 640w per 4x4 also.. but the strips would give you the best uniformity of light...

did you put your email in for the alert of when green genes photo boost strips are going to be back in stock ?? I received a email last night, also he did a live last Saturday.. both are saying strips are back this Saturday!!! 😁 you got to have the password they are sending out in the email on Saturday to order..

just a heads up 😁

cheers! again welcome!!
BeeAreBee
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

Yep, i did receive the email. I thought it said friday tho.
I Havent seen the live vid tho.
Are they gunna email us the password?

I cant wait to get these set up.
Jolly Green Giant
LED Wizard
LED Wizard
Reactions:

was the live...

I had a stoner moment.. I thought he said Saturday in the live.. but it was in the e-mail πŸ˜„

" Boards arrive on the 15th of this month(friday) and will go online to you guys on the list Saturday, after we inspect them all immediately. This email is simply to test our system to make sure there are no issues, as well as to give a short notice/heads up for this weekend. Saturday the email will go out with the password to the private page. "

so yeah it technically is Friday, but we get password/ ability to purchase Saturday 😁
BeeAreBee
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

Niice.
I cant wait to get these set up.
Im about 4wks into flower with an old hydrofarm hps.
Gunna just slide these photoboost strips along the sides of the hps.

So, about those growmau5 puck kits.. The driver for the 5x5 is a bigger driver than the 4x4, with only 1 puck difference.
Would/should i get the driver from the 5x5, to run the 4x4?
Jolly Green Giant
LED Wizard
LED Wizard
Reactions:

I would most likely get the 5x5 driver, even in a 4x4.. it's nice to have that little extra... and never know when you might bump up in size 😁
Kascutt
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

Jolly Green Giant wrote: ↑
Thu Mar 14, 2019 1:41 am

was the live...

I had a stoner moment.. I thought he said Saturday in the live.. but it was in the e-mail πŸ˜„

" Boards arrive on the 15th of this month(friday) and will go online to you guys on the list Saturday, after we inspect them all immediately. This email is simply to test our system to make sure there are no issues, as well as to give a short notice/heads up for this weekend. Saturday the email will go out with the password to the private page. "

so yeah it technically is Friday, but we get password/ ability to purchase Saturday 😁
Yep I got the email and password as soon as it was sent to my inbox,I was pumped to get those strips! I go on there website and I got a error message all dam day saying the site was overloaded and to come back later. I refreshed the page all day but never got threw,then the next morning it finally let me on the site but all strips were gone!! I emailed them all during that day and never got a response on what was going on with the site,now I guess the strips won't be back in stock until April sometime! So now I've moved on to QB boards.
Jolly Green Giant
LED Wizard
LED Wizard
Reactions:

yeah. I wasn't to happy about that.. I was on the site before the email came out.. then the site crashed as I was looking at the email for the password.. 7 hours of trying to get back on the site before the strips were gone.. 😑
BeeAreBee
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

I got 8 of the photobost strips on the way..
Im just wondering tho, green gene said something about, "running the strips at 1400ma or less youd be fine with that 1inch heatsink,, but any higher, and you would want to get a bigger heatsink..."
Im pretty sure he said it before, and some how edited it out. I wanna get the bigger heatsink, Espeaccally if the strip is getting glued on..
Any body know wich would be preferable?

Also, i found a bunch of the parts a lil bit cheaper at walmart.com, free shipping.
Jolly Green Giant
LED Wizard
LED Wizard
Reactions:

yep that's correct.. "at 1400ma or less, the 1" heatsink usa profile will work fine.. if your going over 1400ma ( like 1750ma) get the 2" profile.. " is pretty much what he said in the prototype video..

if your going to go thru heatsink usa, get the 2" profile for more heat dissipated 😁 or look for similar heat displacement numbers as the 2" profile from other vendors..