10x FB24B + 2x 480h-48b

Strip light questions and discussions go here (Samsung, Bridgelux, Photo Boost, Growcraft, etc.)
T-Time
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

ATPinMotion wrote:
Fri Feb 08, 2019 9:08 pm
Damn T-Time, that is a sexy accordion you've got there. Love the rigging!! :D

55°C on the back of the heatsink? Sounds like a true max to me. Thanks! Really appreciate that data point. I'm guessing you used the blue tape to marry them?

Good looking harvest in the background, hard not to love what you've got going. Thanks for including us in the journey!

Thanks mate :)

55°C is after running them for around two hours @2A for each strip. I've used blue double side tape to mount them and yes, measured at the back of the heatsink. I wouldn't dare to face all that light :P BTW laser gun thermometer gives false readings off shiny aluminium surfaces.
There will be some fans circulating air in the tent, blowing air from underneath and on the lights so im not worried about the those temps. Actually I really hope more heat will stay in the tent as its hard to hit 28°C. I would really like to get 28°C leaf temps which would mean ~30-32°C in the tent. They metabolise faster when its warm and since LED dont give out much IR (heat) , we ( LED gardeners ) have to try achive higher temps (not easy).

Harvest went very well this round. Still waiting for final numbers to come as they are lil bit wet but looks like I've got ~1.2kg+ from tent that takes only 150x80cm (5'x2.6') floor space. Can't complain about that :mrgreen:
Defo would't be possible without LED technology. With the new light and more uniform spread it can only improve. Just have to dail in few lil things first. .

Thanks for all the help :)
grisbi
LED Lover
LED Lover
Reactions:

T-Time wrote:
Tue Jan 29, 2019 7:45 pm
maybe this diagram will make it more clear what I'm thinking to do.

One driver to drive 5 strips. Is that technically sound ? Basically cant fit 14AWG wire into 5way connector with 18AWG wire so im trying to split 14AWG wires into two 20AWG wires, which will fit into 5way wago with 18AWG wire.
Untitled.png
you dont know guyz how much you helped me on choosing the right wire diameter!!!
i will take the same than you for my solstrip!!
thank you
can we use solid core 18 awg for all the wirering guyz?
im pretty bad on electricity and want everything will be perfect!!!
thank you a lot for the draw, it will help me to connect my 3 channel strip

just to tease you ;)
heatsink for my 120w solstrip has arrived ;)
T-Time
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

grisbi wrote:
Sat Mar 30, 2019 8:13 pm
T-Time wrote:
Tue Jan 29, 2019 7:45 pm
maybe this diagram will make it more clear what I'm thinking to do.

One driver to drive 5 strips. Is that technically sound ? Basically cant fit 14AWG wire into 5way connector with 18AWG wire so im trying to split 14AWG wires into two 20AWG wires, which will fit into 5way wago with 18AWG wire.
Untitled.png
you dont know guyz how much you helped me on choosing the right wire diameter!!!
i will take the same than you for my solstrip!!
thank you
can we use solid core 18 awg for all the wirering guyz?
im pretty bad on electricity and want everything will be perfect!!!
thank you a lot for the draw, it will help me to connect my 3 channel strip

just to tease you ;)
heatsink for my 120w solstrip has arrived ;)
Theres no real difference in those cords other than solid core would be easier to insert to the slots on the strip , but the downside is that its rigid.
Use solid for the places, it won't be bent and multistrand cable for flexible connections and You'll be good.
grisbi
LED Lover
LED Lover
Reactions:

ok!! thank you man!
really helpfull
i will come here to post the instalation :D