The Other Green Other Herb/ Salad Station Thread

A catch-all category for LED-related questions, content, news, rumors, or whatever. If it doesn’t fit elsewhere, put it here.
T-Time
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

Hello,

I was thinking of doing something like that for a while.
What wattage would be enough for growing strawberies ?
I would say footprint would be something around 30x60cm
Head hight 50cm or thereabouts.

Two strips of EB Gen 2 560mm in 4000k or 5000k
unkle_psycho
LED Wizard
LED Wizard
Reactions:

Strawberries need a DLI over 12 moles, but it is recommended to stay under 25. Stress reactions become clearly visible around a DLI of 30.

Some research suggests it does not matter what time frame the light dose is given in
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted"
T-Time
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

unkle_psycho wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2019 2:18 pm
Strawberries need a DLI over 12 moles, but it is recommended to stay under 25. Stress reactions become clearly visible around a DLI of 30.

Some research suggests it does not matter what time frame the light dose is given in
TY
Very helpful.
Whould You know which color temp will suit them better ?
Will try to post my rig in here when its done but will be at least two weeks before I do so. Will order parts for it next week.
unkle_psycho
LED Wizard
LED Wizard
Reactions:

I've been planning to test different lights with strawberries, but have yet to do that. Probably warm for fruit production. I remember the user tazztone saying his strawberries loved the 2700k vesta.
T-Time
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

Hi Guys,

I'll be ordering my strips this week and still trying to choose the driver for it.

I will be using 2x BXEB-L0560Z-30E2000-C-B3
I'm thinking two options from Meanwell :
-LDH-45A-700W
-LDH-45B-1050W

Power aside, would that driver would be ok. I know it would match but if not maybe someone have anything better in mind ?
Could You recommend a dimmer that would work with it ? It's hard to find anything on digikey :/
Nuggie
LED Maniac
LED Maniac
Reactions:

Use search filter on Mouser, its got a functional search filter to find what your looking for, then insert that product part number into Digikey if your hell bent on using them.
If your aunt had balls she'd be your uncle.
ATPinMotion
LED Lover
LED Lover
Reactions:

@T-Time I think you are after something like this;

DROK® Adjustable Current Voltage Analog Simulator, 0-20mA Signal Generator, DC 0-10V 4-20mA Changeable Current Source for Valve Adjusting PLC Panel LED Testing, Transmitter Output Simulation

Keyword: signal generator

you could try a household 0-10v dimmer from the hardware store also, for about twice the price.

Shame those bucks don't support a pot. Pretty sweet that the LDH's boost voltage though, never noticed that before, I'm only familiar with the LDD's.
Run 'em soft
T-Time
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

damn... I've only reliazed that that driver woudn't fit the bill as I wanted something that would work straight from the wall socket. :oops: :lol:

I've bought this instead LPC-60-1050‎ .
Decided to do a adjustable fixture instead, but thanks for that dimmer ATPinMotion tho :)

jeeez, I change my mind a lot.... :oops:
Last edited by T-Time on Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ATPinMotion
LED Lover
LED Lover
Reactions:

Haha, Cheers mate. Might help someone else down the road.

I appreciate your input, as always - I didn't even know that driver existed. I may even have a use for one ...!
Run 'em soft
unkle_psycho
LED Wizard
LED Wizard
Reactions:

I'm starting to be ready to post some photos of my growbox. Seeds were thrown in on the third, so almost two weeks in. The first seeds sprouted in about two days. Now I can already recognize a couple of different basils, thyme, and 4 different salads.

I'm starting to feel that 40w is too much for the space, especially without a timer. The box is 80cmx40cm.