witch cob for 100w usage pliz?

Discuss COBs or any other types of LEDs that don’t fit the other categories (Cree, Citizen, Migro, etc.).
grisbi
LED Lover
LED Lover
Reactions:

hello guyz!
im about to make an order for a friend, and he absolutly want cob solution!
i know pretty well the led chips market, but im not ashame to say that cob market is stoped at cxb3590 for me ( lol)
i know theire si citizen/bridglux/philips on the market
my question is simple:
which cob has the best ratio performance/heat management for 100w usage/cob pliz guyz?
ps:and i want something already "buyable" on the market :D
cheers!
Jolly Green Giant
LED Wizard
LED Wizard
Reactions:

Vero 29's, citizen clu-48's, or cxb3590's probably the most used still.. as for which is most efficient.. I'm in the same boat as you lol... I stopped paying attention to cobs cuz they are not worth my time, barely hitting 2.0 umole per joules, expensive heatsinks, single tiny source of light versus a spread of diodes... cobs just don't make any sense to me these days.. maybe 3-4 years ago 😄
grisbi
LED Lover
LED Lover
Reactions:

Jolly Green Giant wrote:
Wed Apr 10, 2019 1:07 pm
Vero 29's, citizen clu-48's, or cxb3590's probably the most used still.. as for which is most efficient.. I'm in the same boat as you lol... I stopped paying attention to cobs cuz they are not worth my time, barely hitting 2.0 umole per joules, expensive heatsinks, single tiny source of light versus a spread of diodes... cobs just don't make any sense to me these days.. maybe 3-4 years ago 😄
yes i know ! :lol: im on the led strip board with multiple channel with 3030 monocolor and 3535/5050 white led mood my dear, but my friend own multiple growshop and ask me to provide him on cob, and i know than cobare good on 50/70w but up to that their is better i think :D , lot of his clients have really small want cob solution :)
i will give him the pcb i made + some new prototype from cutter i did too soon
anyway will wait for cob expert :D
Marine2143
LED Maniac
LED Maniac
Reactions:

Aloha & No shortages of great choices.
grisbi
LED Lover
LED Lover
Reactions:

yes theire is plenty of choice, but guyz i wanted to know witch cob chip is better on 100w range
migro are using luminous gen 4
the growmau puck is definitly not a cob

that is not helping me lol, im going to make my research lol.
thank you anyway! :D
Vividled
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

Hi I'd recommend the citiled clu048 1818 and a nice large sink preferably 180mm. And coincidentally I've just received 10 of each. The cobs are 3000k latest version 6. And the sinks are awesome. Let me know if you'd like some buddy. When they tested them on here at 75w and uowards just the v5 1818 stomped the competition. So the v6 is a great choice.
Vividled
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

Hydrofood
LED Lover
LED Lover
Reactions:

There’s no best cob... your question has no definitive answer. the answers you got are perfectly valid.
Growmau puck is absolutely in the cob catagory.
grisbi wrote:
Sat Apr 13, 2019 2:17 am
yes theire is plenty of choice, but guyz i wanted to know witch cob chip is better on 100w range
migro are using luminous gen 4
the growmau puck is definitly not a cob

that is not helping me lol, im going to make my research lol.
thank you anyway! :D
grisbi
LED Lover
LED Lover
Reactions:

i heard than luminous has better efficiency , citi better dissipation than cxb3590 @100w , wanted this kind of detail, i did my update. cheers