pretty unbelievable

A catch-all category for LED-related questions, content, news, rumors, or whatever. If it doesn’t fit elsewhere, put it here.
unkle_psycho
LED Wizard
LED Wizard
Reactions:

Bumped into this on alibaba yesterday, ignored the claimed ppf/w until I noticed its a company that gets credited for their own tech. Are these guys full of it?

https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/ ... yOOK8s&s=p
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted"
Mike
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

It can cover a 10x10 area, leap tall buildings in a single bound, and cure cancer
Nuggie
LED Maniac
LED Maniac
Reactions:

Looks interesting but at $1200 to try it would knock me out of buying it. Definitely different concept with some nice features. Has 9 reviews, how legit they are would have to wait for more.
If your aunt had balls she'd be your uncle.
unkle_psycho
LED Wizard
LED Wizard
Reactions:

https://www.avnetwork.com/digital-signa ... mes-square

The company is hardly a nobody... I'm wondering if 3.9ppf/w is even physically possible? 1600ppf/ 10m2 would theoretically create a ppf of 160/m2, although I can't imagine distribution would be very even... perhaps enough for salad production? :D
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted"
grisbi
LED Lover
LED Lover
Reactions:

they are only monocolor led , 3umol/j is doable with mono
slayking0113
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

What light is that? I can't see the link to the product.
polpus
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

They are full of it. 3.9 PPF/W would be possible for red monos if they were at the same efficiency levels as the best royal blue LEDs. The best royal blue LEDs currently have around 75% radiant efficiency, while the best deep red LEDs have around 55% efficiency. A 660nm mono with 71% efficiency would have 3.9 PPF/W. I doubt that this company is so far ahead of OSRAM, Cree, Philips, Luminus, Samsung, Seoul Semiconductor, etc.