LED sun glasses?? which brands work well??

A catch-all category for LED-related questions, content, news, rumors, or whatever. If it doesn’t fit elsewhere, put it here.
Jolly Green Giant
LED Wizard
LED Wizard
Reactions:

which brands have any of you used???
How many different brands sell LED sun glasses??
I've been thinking of getting some Method 7's. I really don't know many other brands.. I see cheap things on Amazon all the time but are they really LED glasses?? Once I get my beast ready I don't wanta be blind in a year lol

here is the Method 7 website
https://www.methodseven.com/
LEDG
Site Admin
Reactions:

I've only ever heard of method7. Never tried though... You can be the guinea pig!

When I'm working with the QBs where I have to look up at them when theyr'e on, I honest-to-god wear 2 pairs of sunglasses. My first pair doesn't quite cover as much of my eyes as I'd like, but the other bigger pair doesn't darken enough, so I rock both of them. It's not a fashion show in here... Safety first! 8-) 8-) 8-)
Want to Support the Site?

Use this Amazon referral link and any purchase you make within 24 hrs will earn LEDgardener a commission at no cost to you!
Jolly Green Giant
LED Wizard
LED Wizard
Reactions:

yea I kinda looked at it the first time I lite it up.. lol it's was like shining a lazer pointer into your eyes.. not fun.. I saw rows of white lights for about 5mins every time I blinked!

I trying to find the main sites but most of the others I see are like these cheaper UV versions.
http://growershouse.com/active-eye-led-grow-room-lenses
I get the UV does most of the damage but the method 7's take it further I believe.

The thing I like about the method 7's is that they use Carl Zeiss lenses. anything with a Zeiss in it should be top of the line quality.. at lease they use to be back in the day.
LEDG
Site Admin
Reactions:

I didn't realize they used CZ lenses. I could really have used a pair today - I blinded myself a couple times doing some testing. If you spring for them, let me know what you think.

Use this Amazon referral link and any purchase you make within 24 hrs will earn LEDgardener a commission at no cost to you!
bvolt
Forum's First Member!
Forum's First Member!
Reactions:

They talk about being useful for today's "unique LED spectrums" - do they mean blurple or white, I wonder?
You might wanna double-check anything you've read here...
LEDG
Site Admin
Reactions:

I'm guessing they meant blurple. White light doesn't seem very unique to me.

Jolly Green Giant
LED Wizard
LED Wizard
Reactions:

yea I'll let ya know when I do spring for a pair.. im blind enough as it is I don't need the QB's making it worse lol. Yea they are mainly talking about the blurples but like the newer chilled boards have some UV ( I think A 380-390nm range) and with more people trying UV and IR thrown in im sure we will see more mixes in the future. So they should be very useful for any LED.. they also make HPS and I think CMH ones. anything that helps you see clear and protects your eyes is a good thing when ya are starting to get old lol.
soopthesa
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

Old post but I shot Method Seven an e-mail and they sent me this link: https://www.methodseven.com/grow/agent-939-ledfx.html
BillJackson
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

How can I pick out the best product from those listed on this site?
https://householdneed.com/best-led-grow-room-glasses/
Mike
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

Well method 7 run about 70$

Apollo horticulture $15

I’d say depending on your wallet it’s your choice to buy either one. Personally I use a pair that came with an old burple light and a pair of tinted safety glasses from work.