ChilLED Tech's new boards?

All things related to board-style lights (Quantum Boards, Logic Pucks, etc.)
Ted
LED Maniac
LED Maniac
Reactions:

admin wrote:
Thu Oct 12, 2017 6:37 pm
Interesting...

8F4B13C1-D915-4C9A-B6E0-FA57AAB92324.png
Weak sauce
LEDG
Site Admin
Reactions:

Ted wrote:
Fri Oct 13, 2017 2:19 am
admin wrote:
Interesting...

Weak sauce
Can you not see the pic? Seems to work no prob for me.
Want to Support the Site?

Use this Amazon referral link and any purchase you make within 24 hrs will earn LEDgardener a commission at no cost to you!
Ted
LED Maniac
LED Maniac
Reactions:

admin wrote:
Fri Oct 13, 2017 3:51 am
Ted wrote:
Fri Oct 13, 2017 2:19 am
admin wrote:
Interesting...

Weak sauce
Can you not see the pic? Seems to work no prob for me.
Sorry, I meant weak sauce for chilLED. I thought they were going to start selling, or at least show their new DIY products this week. For them to put up another announcement for a product to be described later makes me feel like Im being strung along.
LEDG
Site Admin
Reactions:

Oh of course! Man, I"m slow tonight. I was really hoping for something concrete too.
Want to Support the Site?

Use this Amazon referral link and any purchase you make within 24 hrs will earn LEDgardener a commission at no cost to you!
Jolly Green Giant
LED Wizard
LED Wizard
Reactions:

GM5 said in chat during the roundtable tonight that they had to push it back to Monday. 😢
kmb
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

First "50-52 volt range" now "intelligent universal power" I hope it's more than switching from CC drivers to constant voltage drivers lol
Jolly Green Giant
LED Wizard
LED Wizard
Reactions:

secondhandname
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

I just watched that. Amazing! I can't imagine its going to be very budget friendly though. How the hell does the thing power different voltage devices like that at once though? I thought that was a big no no when wiring up stuff.
Ted
LED Maniac
LED Maniac
Reactions:

secondhandname wrote:
Sun Oct 15, 2017 2:41 pm
I just watched that. Amazing! I can't imagine its going to be very budget friendly though. How the hell does the thing power different voltage devices like that at once though? I thought that was a big no no when wiring up stuff.
My guess is that they are using a constant current DC/DC driver that is being powered by two constant voltage meanwell drivers. That way you can mix and match voltages while keeping the drive current the same. Although It looks like the different channels have different drive currents, so I dunno :(.

I thought they would be introducing new boards since they stopped selling their regular DIY boards, so I'm slightly disappointed. Adding connectors is fine, but between the poke in connectors on the HLG boards and light strips and WAGO connectors, I dont think its a game changer. The power supply is neat, however, I think these features are more aimed toward the commercial grower, someone who needs to wire together many disparate lights easily and efficiently. Also, it looks expensive and probably is.
Humple
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

Ted wrote:
Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:22 pm
secondhandname wrote:
Sun Oct 15, 2017 2:41 pm
My guess is that they are using a constant current DC/DC driver that is being powered by two constant voltage meanwell drivers. That way you can mix and match voltages while keeping the drive current the same. Although It looks like the different channels have different drive currents, so I dunno :(.

I thought they would be introducing new boards since they stopped selling their regular DIY boards, so I'm slightly disappointed. Adding connectors is fine, but between the poke in connectors on the HLG boards and light strips and WAGO connectors, I dont think its a game changer. The power supply is neat, however, I think these features are more aimed toward the commercial grower, someone who needs to wire together many disparate lights easily and efficiently. Also, it looks expensive and probably is.
Yeah, it's the pricing that I find perplexing. You can get more power, with more spread/coverage, at a significantly lower cost, from HLG's Quantum Boards. I think these bells and whistles are pretty fucking rad, and I'm prepared to be swayed by the mono-LED argument they make, but are you really getting your money's worth? Are you getting $500 more, or better, product out of your plants? I really respect mau5's opinion, so I really want to believe, but I guess just don't understand?