Building first LED to cover 1 sq ft grow space

A catch-all category for LED-related questions, content, news, rumors, or whatever. If it doesn’t fit elsewhere, put it here.
Seshwan
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

Appreciate the explanations, it cleared up a lot.

I am taking your advice and am going to go with a slightly bigger driver to allow for expansion if needed at a later date.

Thinking about going with this, if you guys could confirm it would work?

I know you said get the "B" version as it allows dimming with a screw driver rather than a more complicated way, can you confirm if this is the right one as it has "AB" rather than just "B"?

https://www.mouser.co.uk/ProductDetail/ ... b2YZLJn5Fs
LEDG
Site Admin
Reactions:

Seshwan wrote:
Tue Oct 17, 2017 7:32 am

I am taking your advice and am going to go with a slightly bigger driver to allow for expansion if needed at a later date.

I know you said get the "B" version as it allows dimming with a screw driver rather than a more complicated way, can you confirm if this is the right one as it has "AB" rather than just "B"?

Either that’s a typo, or it’s some sort of custom dimming option Fromm mean well. I’d say it’s a typo. Unfortunately I can’t tell which style it really is.
Want to Support the Site?

Use this Amazon referral link and any purchase you make within 24 hrs will earn LEDgardener a commission at no cost to you!
microgroaway
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

admin wrote:
Tue Oct 17, 2017 3:09 pm
Seshwan wrote:

Either that’s a typo, or it’s some sort of custom dimming option Fromm mean well. I’d say it’s a typo. Unfortunately I can’t tell which style it really is.
Isn't the A driver the one that's adjustable with a screw driver. The B driver has to be connected to a potentiometer, right?
LEDG
Site Admin
Reactions:

microgroaway wrote:
Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:42 pm
admin wrote:
Seshwan wrote:

Isn't the A driver the one that's adjustable with a screw driver. The B driver has to be connected to a potentiometer, right?
You bet. This one has both letters at the end though! :lol:
Want to Support the Site?

Use this Amazon referral link and any purchase you make within 24 hrs will earn LEDgardener a commission at no cost to you!
microgroaway
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

admin wrote:
Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:53 pm
microgroaway wrote:
Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:42 pm
admin wrote:

You bet. This one has both letters at the end though! :lol:
Oh, I missed that, sorry. I saw that the spec sheet said AB, but just assumed that the driver had one or the other.
Seshwan
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

Thanks guys, I will speak to the technical support on mouser.co.uk and see if they can shed some light. Will be sure to report back!

Just in case anyone knows, what wiring/connectors would I need to get these strips wired up to this driver? Hoping to not have to do any soldering if I can get away with it