Seoul's HE line available

A catch-all category for LED-related questions, content, news, rumors, or whatever. If it doesn’t fit elsewhere, put it here.
unkle_psycho
LED Wizard
LED Wizard
Reactions:

TEKNIK wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2019 10:39 am
With boards like this a manufacturer is worried about cost. The market for boards like this is highly competitive and cost is unfortunately first priority.
I do not trust SSC because of thier history of not living upto claimed performance. But I am more than happy to take a look at them and test for real outputs as it's the only way to know for sure how the performance will work. An aluminum base actually will not effect my test results initially, what an aluminum base means is longevity and if I am testing for longevity it requires several tests over periods of time.
Doesn't it mainly mean more potential for heat transfer? Any idea how much?
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted"
TEKNIK
LED Wizard
LED Wizard
Reactions:

That's right, an aluminum base means better heat transfer, this is why I won't be able to see a major initial difference in output between a board mounted on FR4 to an aluminum base, what would be required to test is deterioration over a period or time as heat transfer effects deterioration. I do not know how much it will change and there would be a number of variants to take into consideration, if you are driving them with lower current and keep them cool it won't really make much of a difference, driving them harder where heat transfer is more important is where you would notice things change faster. It would need to be checked over a 2 year period for a proper analysis but by then people are usually upgrading to the latest strips on the market.
Find me on Instagram led_teknik
unkle_psycho
LED Wizard
LED Wizard
Reactions:

I kinda went full retard a bit over a year ago, so I'm starting to have bits and pieces I could just recycle and let go. I wouldn't feel shy selling them at a discount if I know I ran them soft... If I ran them hard I would have a bad conscience, because I don't know how much output degraded.
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted"