Or_Gro and the epic smackdown

The fruits of our labor. We welcome all types of plants, but grows posted here must be legal.
Prawn Connery
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

Frank Cannon wrote:
Sun Jun 23, 2019 8:04 am
Or_Gro wrote:
Sun Jun 23, 2019 2:51 am
Welcome crustacean!

What % is 600nm and higher? The blue looks so small....

I don’t understand how FC’s curve could be below an unsupplemented high light (green below pink)?
That is also comparing my supplemented HighRed boards against your 3 colour UV boards
Correct. Frank gets it! :lol:
Or_Gro
LED Maniac
LED Maniac
Reactions:

Prawn Connery wrote:
Sun Jun 23, 2019 11:39 am
Or_Gro wrote:
Welcome crustacean!

I don’t understand how FC’s curve could be below an unsupplemented high light (green below pink)?
Two things:

Firstly, Frank has the red boards, which have no UV LEDs, and a much softer blue spectrum. The T5s do not put out enough blue in the areas you are looking at to increase it much - because the T5s are much less powerful than the boards (100W vs 900+W), and probably account for less than 5% of the visible light you are looking at on the spectrum chart, because the remaining power is in the UV spectrum, which you can't see.

Secondly, spectographs are all about the area under the curve: peaks are not comparable until you have divided them by the area under the curve to give them a value. I think I explained this once before, but each peak is relative to all the others, but is not relative to a peak on another chart, because the area under the curve (the total light output) is different.

Does that all make sense now?
1st paragraph answers my question sbout red & green curves: basically 2 diff bds (plus the supplementation on one).

My other question was: Can you calculate the area under the curve from 600 up vs 599 down?
Or_Gro
LED Maniac
LED Maniac
Reactions:

Prawn Connery wrote:
Sun Jun 23, 2019 11:42 am
Frank Cannon wrote:
Sun Jun 23, 2019 8:04 am
Or_Gro wrote:
Welcome crustacean!

That is also comparing my supplemented HighRed boards against your 3 colour UV boards
Correct. Frank gets it! :lol:
I suspected the graph was comparing diff hl versions...you south polers need to work on explaining things in American....
Randomblame
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

Or_Gro wrote:
Sun Jun 23, 2019 10:47 am
Funny stuff rb ....yes, i was measuring the 14%, no film on the sensor...

So, pos?'.., lol!
Lol! As soon as I have it I'll make some tests at different heights and compare it to the test data. I've exact the same 12% 2ft bulb they have used in this test so if it works it should show pretty close results measured directly in the center.
Is there a way to calibrate the UVI meter inside the app settings?
Randomblame
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

Prawn Connery wrote:
Sun Jun 23, 2019 11:42 am
Are we really limited to 6kb avatars? Mine's so tiny . . . I wish I had a big one. :mrgreen:
90x 90pixels..
Or_Gro
LED Maniac
LED Maniac
Reactions:

Randomblame wrote:
Sun Jun 23, 2019 12:03 pm
Or_Gro wrote:

So, pos?'.., lol!
Lol! As soon as I have it I'll make some tests at different heights and compare it to the test data. I've exact the same 12% 2ft bulb they have used in this test so if it works it should show pretty close results measured directly in the center.
Lmao!!!

Here is the settings screen:
05388870-91DF-4B6F-921E-6A3F62173109.jpeg

I’m wondering if yours measures consistent with mine...if so, could still be useful, due to consistency, if not accuracy...
Frank Cannon
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

LOL we gonna get banned before we get started here :mrgreen:
Randomblame
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

Or_Gro wrote:
Sun Jun 23, 2019 11:54 am
Prawn Connery wrote:
Or_Gro wrote:
Welcome crustacean!

Two things:

Firstly, Frank has the red boards, which have no UV LEDs, and a much softer blue spectrum. The T5s do not put out enough blue in the areas you are looking at to increase it much - because the T5s are much less powerful than the boards (100W vs 900+W), and probably account for less than 5% of the visible light you are looking at on the spectrum chart, because the remaining power is in the UV spectrum, which you can't see.

Secondly, spectographs are all about the area under the curve: peaks are not comparable until you have divided them by the area under the curve to give them a value. I think I explained this once before, but each peak is relative to all the others, but is not relative to a peak on another chart, because the area under the curve (the total light output) is different.

1st paragraph answers my question sbout red & green curves: basically 2 diff bds (plus the supplementation on one).

My other question was: Can you calculate the area under the curve from 600 up vs 599 down?
Tekniks test data show % of blue(400-499nm), green(500-599}, red (600-699)and far-red{+700nm). You could use these % values to calculate those numbers. But your spectrometer should be able to measure it exactly.
You can also calculate it from the SPD. @Alesh(rui) has made a good how-to .. But for what when you have a meter..
Randomblame
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

Or_Gro wrote:
Sun Jun 23, 2019 12:07 pm
Randomblame wrote:
Sun Jun 23, 2019 12:03 pm
Or_Gro wrote:

So, pos?'.., lol!
Lmao!!!

Here is the settings screen:

05388870-91DF-4B6F-921E-6A3F62173109.jpeg

I’m wondering if yours measures consistent with mine...if so, could still be useful, due to consistency, if not accuracy...
So the app does nothing else as showing some numbers and these number are obv too low, lol! I'll let you know as soon as I have it. But its the same sensor and should show the same results. If its an android or apple smartphone should not affect readings. We will see soon...
Frank Cannon wrote:
Sun Jun 23, 2019 12:15 pm
LOL we gonna get banned before we get started here :mrgreen:
:lol: :lol:
Or_Gro
LED Maniac
LED Maniac
Reactions:

Randomblame wrote:
Sun Jun 23, 2019 12:18 pm
Or_Gro wrote:
Sun Jun 23, 2019 11:54 am
Prawn Connery wrote:

Two things:

Tekniks test data show % of blue(400-499nm), green(500-599}, red (600-699)and far-red{+700nm). You could use these % values to calculate those numbers. But your spectrometer should be able to measure it exactly.
You can also calculate it from the SPD. @Alesh(rui) has made a good how-to .. But for what when you have a meter..
Maybe you could drop by and show me how to do it on my spec.

Can’t remember seeing tekniks %s....

The old school way is to lay a grid over the spectrum and count the squares...just too lazy to do it.
Last edited by Or_Gro on Sun Jun 23, 2019 12:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.