Or_Gro and the epic smackdown

The fruits of our labor. We welcome all types of plants, but grows posted here must be legal.
IbnVapin
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

LEDG wrote:
Fri Jun 28, 2019 4:13 am
Here I am just trying to keep my plants alive and this guy's getting his bubble coverage dialed in
That's just how he does. He's always been like that, experimenting and poking at shit. I learned more from reading his threads and asking questions than I did from all the how-to-mj books I read before my grows lol. My first grow on my own was abysmal. Second I yielded a half pound with this guy's guidance.
Or_Gro
LED Maniac
LED Maniac
Reactions:

Prawn Connery wrote:
Fri Jun 28, 2019 4:06 am
Is your system recirculating? Or does each bucket have it's own nutrient solution? With a recirculating system, you can do away with the air pumps and just have a waterfall effect into the buckets.

It's agitation at the surface (breaking of surface tension) that exchanges oxygen, not the bubbles that travel through it. So any amount of air produced at the bottom of the bucket will still make its way to the surface where air is exchanged - regardless of root formation. The more surface tension you can break, the more gas exchange there will be.
My grows are straight dwc...,i am aware of the benefits of rwdc...but, i’m in experimental mode, flexibility is my highest priority....and it turns out that i also get to learn a lot about tuning individual plants...with 12 clones this time i should learn a lot, albeit at the cost of a lot of work...
Or_Gro
LED Maniac
LED Maniac
Reactions:

LEDG wrote:
Here I am just trying to keep my plants alive and this guy's getting his bubble coverage dialed in
Don’t give up, all that pain will be gain, if you stick with it and learn...
Or_Gro
LED Maniac
LED Maniac
Reactions:

Prawn Connery wrote:
Fri Jun 28, 2019 4:37 am
LEDG wrote:
I know. I have a pretty basic grow in comparison. I used to run DWC, but I switched to coco because it's a lot less hassle. With DWC you constantly have to manage your nutrient and pH, empty your reservoirs every week or two, and try to manage reservoir temps in summer and winter to optimise growth. If you have an air pump failure, you don't have much time in summer to replace it before your roots start to drown.

Coco provides a great buffer. You fill your res, set your pH and forget about it. If your pump fails, you usually have a couple of days before the pots run dry and there are no ill-effects until they dry out completely. Coco is not far behind DWC in terms of growth. But if I was going to go all-out, I'd build an aeroponic system.
This grow will kill me or make me better...
Or_Gro
LED Maniac
LED Maniac
Reactions:

IbnVapin wrote:
Fri Jun 28, 2019 4:43 am
LEDG wrote:
That's just how he does. He's always been like that, experimenting and poking at shit. I learned more from reading his threads and asking questions than I did from all the how-to-mj books I read before my grows lol. My first grow on my own was abysmal. Second I yielded a half pound with this guy's guidance.
Thanks man...the credit goes to you dude, you’re the one who sifted shit from shinola and grew the 1/2p...w blurples...lookin forward to seein you do a lb/plant under those 96e s.....
Last edited by Or_Gro on Fri Jun 28, 2019 2:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Or_Gro
LED Maniac
LED Maniac
Reactions:

Busyass day yesterday...gonna need some real sleep soon...been on a tractor all week, cept yesterday, a rainday...

Nuff whinin...

288 tent completely done, cept for plants, water bubblin away, will pH and nute later today.

96elite tent (the one w the clones) just needs dwc lines, stones, buckets switched out.

Prawn light tent should be done by tonight, cept for plants.

Final bucket setup:
3DF695BB-4846-41D8-AAD2-5E4A06A3D1C0.jpeg

Initial floor setup of each tent (heater & humidifiers tbd, depending on conditions):
3AB94D29-8129-4D48-BC95-701BC939BFF1.jpeg
Or_Gro
LED Maniac
LED Maniac
Reactions:

Day 18: Kickin ass and takin names...great frickin timing!
6E602CE8-3E53-4D1F-AF6D-1262306C6BA0.jpeg
Every clone survived...three laggards wont be needed, but they’re willing and able...maybe my bud sticky will take one or more when he stops by next week...else they’ll go outside...

Tomorrow or sunday top & transplant....day will depend on prep of another aerocloning comparison i’m planning to do with the tops...maybe i transplant tomorra, top sunday...we’ll see...
IbnVapin
LED-Curious
LED-Curious
Reactions:

Just scored a humidifier from the in-laws sweet. They always give us shit when we come down. I'm super excited to see how this grow goes OG. I wanna see how you produce with a supposedly huge yielding strain concentrate wise. I want to know how hard I'm gonna have to work to do close to the same :D
Or_Gro
LED Maniac
LED Maniac
Reactions:

Or_Gro wrote:
Fri Jun 28, 2019 2:07 pm
Busyass day yesterday...gonna need some real sleep soon...been on a tractor all week, cept yesterday, a rainday...

Nuff whinin...

288 tent completely done, cept for plants, water bubblin away, will pH and nute later today.

96elite tent (the one w the clones) just needs dwc lines, stones, buckets switched out.

Prawn light tent should be done by tonight, cept for plants.

Final bucket setup:
3DF695BB-4846-41D8-AAD2-5E4A06A3D1C0.jpeg

Initial floor setup of each tent (heater & humidifiers tbd, depending on conditions):
3AB94D29-8129-4D48-BC95-701BC939BFF1.jpeg
Lights up and workin in all three tents, buckets running in all three tents, but still need to do dwc change out in the one with the clones, ro’ing the day water right now for that.

Had a little scare, as i was clamping the crossbars on the light fixture, a pair of prawn’s boards took a magnificent swan-like platform dive from the high platform (let’s call it 5 ft)...as my Irish friends say, the fookers are tuff...a slight bend in the frame holding the pair together, but even after such a massive bellyflop, they’re back on the job burning their way to china.

Sisters are cookin with gas right now..,so i’m gonna transplant them, see how they look the next day...before topping. Prob transplant them sunday morning; get the buckets to steady pH and nuted at current/less rate going into topping; lightwise, currently running 18:6 @ ~400ppfd, prob drop it to 300-350.

Soon as they’re ready, top; when laterals take off bump ec and ppfd; start training 1st two mains; and start uva/b acclimation.
Frank Cannon
LED Enthusiast
LED Enthusiast
Reactions:

I'm an Oregan...